PDA

View Full Version : lost all hope.... plzz help

dranubha07
10-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm an IMG and graduated 6years back ,done post graduation in medicine from India, cleared step 1 (95 score) 1st attempt, step2k (99 score)Ist attempt but got my results today for step 2cs....... failed, is there still a scope for me ..... should i leave it , or appear for step2cs again. I'm totally shattered.....need help, i failed communication skill component of exam , how can i improve my chances of passing next time:confused:

danthaongu
10-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh my you did sooo well, do it again!!! If you have a chance do the kaplan course, you will do awesome!!! You can explain when you get all those interviews!!!

dranubha07
10-15-2010, 01:57 AM
thanks a lot for the encouragement , if i clear step2cs and also step3 with high scores would it help me.Are there some ways to improve communication skill component of exam other than joining kaplan classes.

danthaongu
10-15-2010, 03:06 AM
If not Kaplan, you need a study group for sure..

dranubha07
10-15-2010, 11:21 AM
thanks again:p this is enough for giving me a start for preparation

DocSAMMD
10-15-2010, 03:11 PM
TAKE CS ASAP make sure u take it before Jan 1. The exam is ** and will not really affect your app. make sure that when the next open date comes up u go asap. buck up and pay if u have to.

chapaquito
10-15-2010, 03:34 PM
get the CS dvds on E bay,or get a tutor ,there are quite a few of them on line,

dranubha07
10-16-2010, 01:39 AM
If I take it before 1st Jan my results would be out by 2nd Feb, I had applied for programms in internal medicine but will not get any interviews now as my step2cs result will be displayed in my application ....what are the advantages of appearing for exam before 1st Jan.......,those prog that say need 1st attempt on step1 and step2....does it include cs also. Can you please guide me about the online tutors...THANKS EVERYONE FOR BEING SO HELPFUL

deepwater
10-22-2010, 07:39 AM
If I take it before 1st Jan my results would be out by 2nd Feb, I had applied for programms in internal medicine but will not get any interviews now as my step2cs result will be displayed in my application ....what are the advantages of appearing for exam before 1st Jan.......,those prog that say need 1st attempt on step1 and step2....does it include cs also. Can you please guide me about the online tutors...THANKS EVERYONE FOR BEING SO HELPFUL

Step 2 CS is an important enough exam. Of course, there are those who say its **** exam, but usually those ppl have failed previously (multiple times, even) and their advice should be taken with a grain of salt.It is obvious from your stats that you clearly have the knowledge and critical thinking skills to be a competent doctor, however, that doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to communicate effectively with your patients - this is evident from your CS failure. Being able to communicate with your patients in a way that they will understand plays a huge role in how comfortable they feel with you as their doctor. My point is that, regardless of what anyone says, do not underestimate this exam - it is important enough. Evidently you're aware of how important it is, since it directly affects your application status for the match.The key is to practice speaking medical English - the First Aid has a good list of well-phrased questions. Try to practice using those. If you are not very fluent in speaking English in general, then you better start speaking now! Listen to the English news (preferably a reputable one) - best to make sure you're pronouncing things correctly and using correct grammar.You have to understand that unlike CK, the CS is more of a test of your approach towards your patients. So even if you get the DDx and Tx/Mx 100% correct, you may fail, if you didn't do the following - Did you drape your pts? Were you careful not to expose them too much during the phys. exam? Did you emapthize with their pain/problem? Were you comforting? Attentive? Pleasant? Did you thank them for their patience? Etc etc...

dranubha07
10-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks for advise, I will surely act upon your advise and put my 100% in preparing this exam this time and not take it till I'm well prepared in spoken English and communication skills.....thanks again

gotmylicense
07-24-2018, 11:41 AM
Founder’s Note

I am an M.D.-teacher, a Yale graduate, and a former fellow of the Yale-New Haven Hospital system. I have over eighteen years of tutoring experience, and tutor for all of the U.S.M.L.E. “written” Steps.

I have previously worked for graduate and medical students as the highest level of tutor. Within my "Introductory Strategies for the U.S.M.L.E.-" Mini-Program, I work from the "ground, up," so as to verify that your preparatory content-, study methods-, and exam-question-attempting -strategies and tactics are all "valid," and not just "reliable." I have also written dissected and analyzed U.S.M.L.E. –type questions for prominent question banks. Because of this, I am aware of "insider information," as to how the step exam questions and answers are written. This will allow you to get inside the test writer's mind - a most advanced skill - and answer questions correctly with test-taking alone.

About Us

Beyond the U.S.M.L.E., I can be your comprehensive consultants for shelf exams, and the E.R.A.S. application process. Many of my international medical students have matched into the most competitive residencies and fellowships, including plastic surgery, general surgery, cardiology, infectious disease, and more.

I have also worked extensively with Caribbean, other continents’ I.M.G.s (all are accounted for), and D.O. students. From years of experience, we understand your unique concerns for the U.S.M.L.E. step exams, and the E.R.A.S. process.

I offer a free 45-minute initial phone consultation (Ph#855-592-9855 ext twelve fifty; press 1 to dictate your message) to assess your needs, make general recommendations (cost is thirteen thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollar per step), answer any questions regarding my services, make "case-"specific recommendations, and discuss financing options.

wucheria
02-17-2019, 01:30 PM
U will be fine...just work harder

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.