PDA

View Full Version : St Matthew's vs MUA???

brusmani
09-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Guys,which of these universities is better???St.Matthew's or the Medical university of the americas???

As far as I know,St Matthew's is accredited in NY and Florida,while the Medical University of the americas is accredited only in NY,but on the other hand it has never been disapproved in any state,while St Matthew's has been disapproved by CA and other states as well(2 or 3 plus those which follow CA's list),which can be a stigma...

Both universities belong to the same owner if I'm not wrong.Their syllabus is pretty similar too.

houmd
09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
do as much research and find the right fit for you. Where are you wanting to practice? Is it in the UK or US, or elsewhere?

brusmani
09-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Thank You all

plasmodium14
01-01-2011, 08:36 AM
SMU with a cherry on top ;)

MedMD
01-01-2011, 01:15 PM
If St. Mathews is disapproved in a couple of states, does that mean, they can't reverse that any more in the future? (does that sound impossible?)

nari
04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Just wondering if you decided for MUA or St. Mathews and how you are doing with your selection. I got accepted to MUA but need to call AUA for my interview and don't know what to do. Does anyone know if MUA is better than AUA?

The Man
04-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Easy choice, go with MUA. St Matthews is STILL banned all over the place and you said that you are not a US citizen so St Matthews is the last school on earth you want to be going to if you are not American or Canadian. I'm American so the GMC ban does not affect me directly but it WILL affect you. Try AUA if you can, they are definately on the way up.

brusmani
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I opted for MUA,sending my application this week. I'm also thinking about UMHS in St.Kitts...Since I'm coming from the UK and SMU has unfortunately been disapproved by the GMC,I can't go there anymore :( I just hope they do something about it.I'm really sorry for the British students who are there :(

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.