PDA

View Full Version : st. chris

ranjit
07-03-2004, 11:55 AM
man this whole st. chris thing is pissing me off. I was genuinely interested in the school, but now i'm just like screw it.

i've had st. chris people ask me to edit my posts because they say if i ask questions on certain topics, it will reveal too much information and will allow people from this board to sabotage their school, and i was nice enough to do it. but the questions i've been asking are important and i'm sure other prospective st. chris applicants want to know the same things.

i get private messages from people that say they're students at st. chris, giving me information about the school "with the stipulation that whatever we talk about stays between us, and NEVER is repeated on this ignorant forum. Sound good?" of course that doesn't sound good you dumb a$$. when i write back and say if it's the truth you shouldn't have a problem telling everyone, they write back criticizing ME. what the hell??? when someone says that to you, it sounds so SHADY. if it's the truth you shouldn't worry about revealing it to everyone on this board.

before when i was reading the messages about st. chris, i honestly thought that alot of people on this board had an agenda to ruin st. chris' reputation, but now i'm happy we have people like neilc, azskeptic, FLK, poppy, etc, etc. to bring some balance and rightfully question things, otherwise people would freely post unfactual information.

i really hope everything works out with st. chris and they become well reputed school one day, and that any issues with school get resolved, and all their graduates become successful doctors.

if the st. chris people that post on this board were more open and honest about things, i would have loved to go to st. chris because i would have known exactly the situation i was getting into, but since everything is so secretive and i don't know what to believe, i personally can't take the risk of attending that school for the next four years.

a word of advice to the st. chris proponents, just be honest and open. to prospective applicants, do your research and find out the facts first hand.

that's all i have to say.

doogie
07-03-2004, 02:47 PM
It is unfortunate that you are having such a difficult time communicating with people from St. Chris. The students that you have been "speaking" with probably requested that you edit your posts in order to protect them from future attacks by other people on this site and/or to keep your communication in PM form so as to avoid negative attention/attacks that have been rampant on this site in the recent past. Your post/complaint is a prime example as to why these people do not wish to give information or advice openly. Sadly, many people that actually have great information are reluctant to discuss it or share it in an open forum due to the negative backlash that seems to follow on this website.

The original purpose of this forum was to provide future med students, medical students, doctors, and others with a chance to share information in a constructive manner...enabling both sides of an issue to be presented and examined fairly...allowing people to form their own educated/informed opinions. There certainly are numerous people that have made great contributions to the discussions on this site (as you mentioned above)...However, there are just as many individuals that have used this website to launch "hate campaigns" deliberately attacking people and impuning their user names. The mission and the message of ValueMD is lost and wasted by that type of behavior.

Unfortunately, the inflammatory comments, less than professional conduct, and disrespect/disregard for another person's opinion only serves to reinforce the negative stereotypes and attitudes toward foreign medical graduates. Recently, certain threads on this website have been perfect ammunition for people that are looking to find fault with foreign medical educated students and programs.

It is definitely frustrating when you are not getting the needed answers or information to important questions that will potentially have a monumental impact on your future. However, before maligning the students and a program for their "fear and apprehension" it might be prudent to ask yourself if there might be a logical reason ...other than the "conspiracy theories and scam theories" that people seem to think are the agenda of foreign medical programs and students...

Good luck with your pursuit of a medical education.

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 04:13 AM
Hey Ranjit
how ru ?

u still at st chris???
if u are the same person who i think u are then hey...
i think we were in class together :rolleyes: in the 3rd semester

if not my apologies
and as for covering up - y bother the truth will always be revealed eventually.
at least this way u protect other students from meeting the same fate as men ex st chris students faced.
regards

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 04:14 AM
Nice post doogie.
and so rightly said

It is unfortunate that you are having such a difficult time communicating with people from St. Chris. The students that you have been "speaking" with probably requested that you edit your posts in order to protect them from future attacks by other people on this site and/or to keep your communication in PM form so as to avoid negative attention/attacks that have been rampant on this site in the recent past. Your post/complaint is a prime example as to why these people do not wish to give information or advice openly. Sadly, many people that actually have great information are reluctant to discuss it or share it in an open forum due to the negative backlash that seems to follow on this website.

The original purpose of this forum was to provide future med students, medical students, doctors, and others with a chance to share information in a constructive manner...enabling both sides of an issue to be presented and examined fairly...allowing people to form their own educated/informed opinions. There certainly are numerous people that have made great contributions to the discussions on this site (as you mentioned above)...However, there are just as many individuals that have used this website to launch "hate campaigns" deliberately attacking people and impuning their user names. The mission and the message of ValueMD is lost and wasted by that type of behavior.

Unfortunately, the inflammatory comments, less than professional conduct, and disrespect/disregard for another person's opinion only serves to reinforce the negative stereotypes and attitudes toward foreign medical graduates. Recently, certain threads on this website have been perfect ammunition for people that are looking to find fault with foreign medical educated students and programs.

It is definitely frustrating when you are not getting the needed answers or information to important questions that will potentially have a monumental impact on your future. However, before maligning the students and a program for their "fear and apprehension" it might be prudent to ask yourself if there might be a logical reason ...other than the "conspiracy theories and scam theories" that people seem to think are the agenda of foreign medical programs and students...

Good luck with your pursuit of a medical education.

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 04:22 AM
Ranjit.,,, never hold the truth back...
it always bites u where it hurts..

at least now u have the opportunity to make a difference make sure ppl dnt get messed up

i was in 2nd semester when problems started at st chris.... no1 was bothered... as GMC wasnt anything to do with USA and it wasnt anything important - right???? WRONG!!!!
if ppl hadnt been so downright ignorant and superior and realised that the GMC were the strictist medical bodies in the world we wudnt be in this situation..

I spoke to our dean so many times(prof of biochemisty) and our Egocentric self absorbed president at the time(E.Dup) - no success. i told them the school would go down... no1 listened and our president of the student government even went to the extent of tellin the dean i was exagerrating.... even thought he applied to the carribean.... AUA i think...:mad:

problem with ppl at st chris - they are in denial, they dnt respect ppl telling the truth and like hell will they respect ur opinion as their ego's are so superior its ridiculous.
i was there for 3 basic semesters- and what a nightmare atmosphere. unfortunately for us.. we had great professors(majority of courses) but then.... crappy admin...

anyhow whoever u r
wherever u are
good luck

ps - Is JF still in charge of the student government? hes a useless piece of human life.... and the exact mirror image of personality af E.D - get rid of him

man this whole st. chris thing is pissing me off. I was genuinely interested in the school, but now i'm just like screw it.

i've had st. chris people ask me to edit my posts because they say if i ask questions on certain topics, it will reveal too much information and will allow people from this board to sabotage their school, and i was nice enough to do it. but the questions i've been asking are important and i'm sure other prospective st. chris applicants want to know the same things.

i get private messages from people that say they're students at st. chris, giving me information about the school "with the stipulation that whatever we talk about stays between us, and NEVER is repeated on this ignorant forum. Sound good?" of course that doesn't sound good you dumb butt. when i write back and say if it's the truth you shouldn't have a problem telling everyone, they write back criticizing ME. what the hell??? when someone says that to you, it sounds so SHADY. if it's the truth you shouldn't worry about revealing it to everyone on this board.

before when i was reading the messages about st. chris, i honestly thought that alot of people on this board had an agenda to ruin st. chris' reputation, but now i'm happy we have people like neilc, azskeptic, FLK, poppy, etc, etc. to bring some balance and rightfully question things, otherwise people would freely post unfactual information.

i really hope everything works out with st. chris and they become well reputed school one day, and that any issues with school get resolved, and all their graduates become successful doctors.

if the st. chris people that post on this board were more open and honest about things, i would have loved to go to st. chris because i would have known exactly the situation i was getting into, but since everything is so secretive and i don't know what to believe, i personally can't take the risk of attending that school for the next four years.

a word of advice to the st. chris proponents, just be honest and open. to prospective applicants, do your research and find out the facts first hand.

that's all i have to say.

teratos
11-27-2006, 07:36 AM
This thread was nearly 2.5 years old.

empathy
11-27-2006, 08:49 AM
What better way to make it look like people are out to get St. Chris than to call yourself Dr. Trouble and create crazy negative threads. If you have something to say back it up with a link to a helpful article like the BBC report or a phone number to an authority like the attorney general's office in Oregon or the General Medical Council of England who can advise students on how to move forward. Always refer students back to the authorities for help. They have their best interests at heart and do not profit in any way from them.

The best advice anyone can give in successfully using Valuemd without running into problems is to make absolutely sure the claims you make about your school and the individuals who run/own it are true. The crowd goes wild when misinformation gets posted. That's where St. Chris got derailed. They need to stop blaming others and take responsibility for their actions.

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 06:08 PM
NEWSFLASH
wake up call..... to all of those who think they knw it cos they read it on the bbc report

HOW ABOUT LIVING THAT HELL??? :D I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE... unfortunately...i was there

as for my name....thats not ur concern
and negative threads??? hahah dnt make me laugh...
me and so many like myself got screwed over... its only fair for us to want to warn others - so the damn thing isnt repeated...

2 years or not.... u looked at it... point made:twisted:

however ur comments have been taken abroad and discarded very efficiently. thank u:D

What better way to make it look like people are out to get St. Chris than to call yourself Dr. Trouble and create crazy negative threads. If you have something to say back it up with a link to a helpful article like the BBC report or a phone number to an authority like the attorney general's office in Oregon or the General Medical Council of England who can advise students on how to move forward. Always refer students back to the authorities for help. They have their best interests at heart and do not profit in any way from them.

The best advice anyone can give in successfully using Valuemd without running into problems is to make absolutely sure the claims you make about your school and the individuals who run/own it are true. The crowd goes wild when misinformation gets posted. That's where St. Chris got derailed. They need to stop blaming others and take responsibility for their actions.

dr trouble
11-27-2006, 06:13 PM
1 more thing - the students did file for a law suit.... but that well went to hell
and as for the GMC - what advice do u think they cud provide u with...
it took them 4 months to tell us that yes the school was screwed over..

they cant advise u to move forward. thats ur own decision....
unfortunately... students still seem to be taking an interest in the school... dnt u think u shud be preventing further ppl getting their lives wrecked or correcting me and telling me my name is inappropropriate or the fact that i need to back it up

i lived that nightmare... the frustrations.. and the pain... the hell... that was called school...we had amazing professors.... so many good things cud have happened to that school but as always greed takes prevelance over everything...

i dnt think i need to provide any1 with any evidence as im one of the many hundreds of pieces of evidence out there
thanks

NEWSFLASH
wake up call..... to all of those who think they knw it cos they read it on the bbc report

HOW ABOUT LIVING THAT HELL??? :D I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE... unfortunately...i was there

as for my name....thats not ur concern
and negative threads??? hahah dnt make me laugh...
me and so many like myself got screwed over... its only fair for us to want to warn others - so the damn thing isnt repeated...

2 years or not.... u looked at it... point made:twisted:

however ur comments have been taken abroad and discarded very efficiently. thank u:D

Nnuema
11-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Hello,

I am curious about St. Christ. Has the school shotdown. What is going on with the school.. I tried calling them, their phone has been disconnected. what is up over there? is it a fake school?

rangness
12-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Hello,

I am curious about St. Christ. Has the school shotdown. What is going on with the school.. I tried calling them, their phone has been disconnected. what is up over there? is it a fake school?

No, not a fake school.....we are up and running....current (temporary) website St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine (http://www.stchrisimd.com) contact information should be there.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.