PDA

View Full Version : Weird Kaplan Questions!

Neurosurg777
08-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Hey guys, I was going to post a few weird questions that I wanted some help on but after receiving a few emails from Kaplan I decided not to. Instead I thought I would tell you guys what they said. Here is one of them:

You are correct---historically Strep group A used to be the most common cause of impetigo thus making answer E correct but the past decade Staph Aureus has been isolated more and that would mean answer A is correct.

Those two should have not been together as choices. If you remove A is E correct and vice versa.
All the best,
Step 2 MedFeedback

This was a simple impetigo question and what other disease is related to the cause that I got wrong but after emailing them they said I was right. So the moral of the story is when you know your right don't let anyone tell you different. What bugs me the most is that we use these services to help us get higher scores that they supposedly boast about but how can I trust them when they can't get a question as straightforward as the most common cause of impetigo right. This is what bugs me about my scores too cause it's lower now because I got that one wrong even though in actuality I was right. The crazy thing is that there was a percentage of people that got this right which leads me to believe some people either got lucky or somehow are soo smart that they knew what Kaplan wanted as an answer rather than what the right answer was.

All this concerns me because I have yet to see on a whole the percentages on each question being that high. They usually range around the 50% +/- 5%, with a bunch in the 8-20% range. There are some that are high like 70, 80, or 90% but those usually are the really obvious ones and there have been very few of them. I also have not had one exam that had a score higher than 57% on average for other Kaplan users. If this is true why is it all I see online are people talking about getting in the 60's and 70's. Were are all the other people. This concerns me because my scores have been all over the place. I started out in the 50's then tanked for some reason and went into the 40's with a few in the high 30's and now somehow I am back up to the 50's which makes me worried cause based on those scores I don't know if I'm going to fail, barely pass, or do well. My overall average is 48% after completing 42% of the questions and Kaplan says the overall average of other Kaplan users is 53% and I have done 924 questions so far. I just feel like these percentages are really low and don't know quite hot to feel about them or interpret them. Let me know what you guys think.

Neurosurg777
08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
No one has any insight on this?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.