PDA

View Full Version : Who is going in Sep/04?

curious_george
07-02-2004, 05:49 PM
just wondering.

Anyone from T.O.?

Siddman
07-03-2004, 12:23 AM
I am planning to go to st. chris and i am in Toronto

curious_george
07-07-2004, 02:31 PM
nobody else going to St. Chris in Sept from anywhere else?

:?:

RajPatel
07-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Mostly just people from Looneysville, given all the recent developments :lol:

bts4202
07-07-2004, 03:41 PM
nobody else going to St. Chris in Sept from anywhere else?

:?:

THere is supposed to be a fairly large incoming class for sept, call the NJ office and addmissions should be able to tell you more.

IDreamOfMedicine
07-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Mostly just people from Looneysville, given all the recent developments :lol:

grow up.
also, to confirm what bts said, i have also heard that a large number of students are comin for sept 2004.

ansgenius
07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm from Virginia and I'll be in the Fall 2004 class.

4ever_86
07-08-2004, 12:21 PM
I'm from Toronto too and I'm going to St. Chris in Sep as well.
See u all there!

OLDPRO
07-08-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm From Atlanta see ya in Aug!

TXRN
07-09-2004, 08:40 AM
Wish you all ( whuds, 4ever_86, ansgenius, curious_george, and Siddman) have a safe trip to Luton. :D

rangness
07-21-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey! i'm Ranjit.....24 starting in sept 04 as long as i get my loan stuff in which has been a pain :x i hope you guys like big ten football b/c in ann arbor its a way of life 8)

surfNsmile
07-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Hi yall-

I'm considering St. Christophers...I'm from Los Angeles, CA.

stchrisrep
07-29-2004, 04:46 PM
If you need travel advice, please check the student services section of our website.

http://www.stchris.edu/student.htm

rangness
08-10-2004, 02:20 AM
Is anyone arriving to st. chris on tuesday aug 25th???

That is my arrival date and I wanted to see if anyone else is travelling that date. I'm trying to figure out this whole getting from gatwick to luton thing.

Ranjit :roll:

ansgenius
08-10-2004, 02:04 PM
I'll be there before you, almost a week earlier, but if you need help, I'd be more than happy to help you out. Just send me a pm and I'll give you my email address.

stchrisrep
08-10-2004, 02:34 PM

That is my arrival date and I wanted to see if anyone else is travelling that date. I'm trying to figure out this whole getting from gatwick to luton thing.

This should help you out.

http://www.stchris.edu/living_luton.htm

drzed
08-10-2004, 02:48 PM

From Gatwick, you can buy a Thameslink ticket from the airport and hop on a direct train to Luton (about an hour IIRC). The trains run directly from the airport, so it's quite convenient. You can also go to www.nationalexpress.com to book a bus ticket online.

Cheers

Nebakanezer
08-10-2004, 04:00 PM
I rec. National Express, take a little longer, but its very simple.

curious_george
08-10-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm leaving the 23rd of Aug and heading into Hethrow. From there, I'm just going to chill in London until orientation I guess.

When are you guys planning on coming back? I got a departure date of Dec 13th.

rangness
08-10-2004, 09:36 PM
wow.....the 13th??? i called them and they told us that we would be done with finals on the 17th (friday).

i'm travelling with two big suitcases and a travel bag. i was going to take the bus. can i buy the bus ticket when i get there or do i have to buy it in advance?

curious_george
08-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Are you 100% sure its the 17th? I have been told on two seperate occasions that everything is done by the 13th.

I'm going to call and post in a few.

curious_george
08-11-2004, 10:04 AM
I called and was told that class is over on the 10th w/exams on the last day.

stchrisrep
08-11-2004, 02:00 PM
From Gatwick, you can buy a Thameslink ticket from the airport and hop on a direct train to Luton (about an hour IIRC). The trains run directly from the airport, so it's quite convenient. You can also go to www.nationalexpress.com to book a bus ticket online.

Cheers

I wanted to add that if you're traveling light (w/ up to 2 bags) then I would recommend the train since space is limited. However, if you have a lot luggage to haul around, the bus might be better. If you plan on going by train, please make sure you check the time tables on their website for any scheduled maintenance work.

http://www.thameslink.co.uk/

I do recommend that you get off at Luton Airport Parkway since it has lifts (elevators) and it is convenient for the traveler. The only thing you need to have is a number to call a taxi if they are not available. These numbers are available on our website. Taxis are usually available at Luton Airport Parkway but not all the time. If you have a cell phone, that makes it even easier.

TXRN
08-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Wish you all have a safe trip to Luton (curious_geoge, rangness, siddman, ansgenius, 4ever_86, whuds, and surfNsmle).

Congrats.

Nebakanezer
08-24-2004, 09:17 PM
I'm a 4th Sem. student returning on the 28th, If any incoming students need any help/have any questions, feel free to send me a PM and I will give you my phone number in Luton.

curious_george
08-25-2004, 02:05 PM
I got a question,

WHERE and WHEN is the orientation?? ( i know its Friday, but what time?)

That was not listed in my welcome kit.

I'd appreciate this info as I'm in London right now and just waiting for Friday....also, Monday there are no classes right? School will start on Tues correct??

Thanks again.

Nebakanezer
08-25-2004, 03:26 PM
I'd appreciate this info as I'm in London right now and just waiting for Friday....also, Monday there are no classes right? School will start on Tues correct??

Yes, classes start Tues.

curious_george
08-25-2004, 09:07 PM
okay. But on Friday orientation is at what time in what bldg?

Thanks to anyone that can tell me this.

drzed
08-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Orientation is held in the Park Square Chambers building in the morning (I believe 9am, hopefully someone else can confirm).
Based on May's "Orientation", it was simply a general meeting to listen to the boss go over some rules/regulations and a chance to register. Not at all what I thought orientation would be (some fun activities would've been nice). Hopefully it's better for the September class.

Cheers

Nebakanezer
08-25-2004, 11:26 PM
Based on May's "Orientation", it was simply a general meeting to listen to the boss go over some rules/regulations and a chance to register. Not at all what I thought orientation would be (some fun activities would've been nice). Hopefully it's better for the September class.
Nah, Sept. 2003 orientation was the same.

TXRN
08-26-2004, 10:10 AM

Thanks again.

Glad to hear that you made it to London. Congrats.

Orientation will be about 40 -45 minutes, and registration will be about
15 minutes. So, you will be free for the rest of the day. :lol:

Orientation will be in the building across from York House; it's behind the
low white gates. Call York House (administration building) to ask for the
exact time of orientation.

Tuesday will be a light load, mostly introduction stuff. Classes are from
9am- 4pm Monday to Friday in the SAME room (except for labs). :D
No class on this coming Monday because of Bank Holiday.

September 2004

Orientation/Registration Aug 27, 2004 Orientation/Registration
Summer Bank Holiday Aug 30, 2004
Classes Begin Aug 31, 2004
Halloween Oct 31, 2004
Guy Fawkes Day Nov 5, 2004
Classes Ends Dec 10, 2004
Christmas Day Dec 25, 2004
Boxing Day Dec 26, 2004
Bank Holiday Dec 27, 2004
Bank Holiday Dec 28, 2004

January 2005

New Year's Day Jan 1, 2005
New Year's Day Holiday Jan 3, 2005
Orientation/Registration Jan 7, 2005
Classes Begin Jan 10, 2005
Good Friday Mar 25, 2005
Easter Sunday Mar 27, 2005
Easter Monday Mar 28, 2005
Classes Ends April 22, 2005

We have one month break in Dec/Jan. Can't wait. :lol:

Hope this helps.

stchrisrep
08-26-2004, 11:08 AM

Curious_george, I contacted the school for you.
They said:

Registration 10-10.30am kickoff at Chambers building

There are no classes on Monday

There's an academic calendar here too:

http://www.stchris.edu/calendar.htm

TXRN
08-28-2004, 10:44 AM
How was the orientation on August 27th ????
Anything interesting ???

drzed
08-28-2004, 03:40 PM
...how many new students have showed up so far??
anyone in the know?

ansgenius
08-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I'd say there were like 70 or so new students. I don't know how many first semesters there will be because they herded everyone into the same room i.e. first semesters, pre meds, and transfers. Also, not everyone is here yet. I know of a few people who couldn't make it to orientation. You all can pop into the first semester room and do a head count if you really want to.

graduate
08-28-2004, 06:47 PM
hey anyone know a new kid named Ben from nj..

went to RU for a lil bit..

TXRN
08-29-2004, 09:34 AM
I'd say there were like 70 or so new students. I don't know how many first semesters there will be because they herded everyone into the same room i.e. first semesters, pre meds, and transfers. Also, not everyone is here yet. I know of a few people who couldn't make it to orientation. You all can pop into the first semester room and do a head count if you really want to.

Sounds like a medium size class for September.
We'll pop in to see your class.

It's too bad that StChris is lack of Big Brothers and Big Sisters
Programs to guide the newbies.

Thanks for the info.

stchrisrep
08-29-2004, 01:36 PM
It's too bad that StChris is lack of Big Brothers and Big Sisters
Programs to guide the newbies.

Thanks for the info.

We are here to help you. You just have to contact us.
I also recommend students start using the
Student Subweb to get in touch with other
students.

drzed
08-29-2004, 02:21 PM

So I would estimate a 1st semester class of around 50-60 based on a few more heads popping in the first week of school.
How was 'orientation'? Same old "laying down the rules" orientation we've had in the past?

ansgenius
08-29-2004, 02:35 PM
Yup, same ol' laying down the rules, "I will walk your *** to the train station" orientation. Pretty standard from my experiences. It might be slightly bigger than 50-60 cause I've met a lot of people who missed orientation. Just pop in and see for yourself. And while you pop in, offer to become one of our big brothers or big sisters. For myself, I randomly ask people "will you be my new daddy or mommy?". People typically don't respond well to that, but I have found a lot of upperclassmen more than willing to help me out if I have problems.

drzed
08-29-2004, 03:10 PM
You'll find the upper semester students to be of GREAT help, especially for the first several weeks. Great group of people (for the most part)!

Yup, same ol' laying down the rules, "I will walk your gluteal to the train station" orientation. Pretty standard from my experiences. It might be slightly bigger than 50-60 cause I've met a lot of people who missed orientation. Just pop in and see for yourself. And while you pop in, offer to become one of our big brothers or big sisters. For myself, I randomly ask people "will you be my new daddy or mommy?". People typically don't respond well to that, but I have found a lot of upperclassmen more than willing to help me out if I have problems.

ansgenius
08-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Cool, if you find a new asian kid you haven't seen before stressing out in the library everyday, that'll be me. Feel free to slap me upside the head or pass me a brown paper bag to breathe into. Or better yet, just hook me up with some liquor or weed, or some kind of combination of both, leed or wiquor.

Nebakanezer
08-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Cool, if you find a new asian kid you haven't seen before stressing out in the library everyday, that'll be me...

That typifies about 60% of the St. Chris pop. so that won't help very much in locating you :D

ansgenius
08-30-2004, 03:43 PM
That typifies about 60% of the St. Chris pop. so that won't help very much in locating you :D[/quote]

I'll be the Vietnamese kid stressing out in the library. There, that eliminates 99% of the St Chris population.

drzed
08-30-2004, 05:25 PM
I'll be the Vietnamese kid stressing out in the library. There, that eliminates 99% of the St Chris population.

lol, sad but so very true.

TXRN
09-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Yup, same ol' laying down the rules, "I will walk your gluteal to the train station" orientation. .

:lol: Oh, did they offer to buy you a train ticket from the train station to the london airport or one-way ticket back to the good ole USA? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ansgenius
09-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Nah, I doubt they'd pay for it, but with my Youth Rail Card, I'm sure I'll get a nice discount.

stchrisrep
09-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Nah, I doubt they'd pay for it, but with my Youth Rail Card, I'm sure I'll get a nice discount.

Remember , there are group discounts available too.

drzed
09-25-2004, 04:35 PM

It will be cheaper to get a group of 4 so you can take advantage of the group rate (5.35/person last term). With the Young Persons Rail Card, you get 33% off the regular price, which I believe worked out to 7.50-8.00 pounds (don't remember exactly).

Get a group of 4 set now so that you don't have to worry about finding 3 other peeps every week.

stchrisrep
09-30-2004, 11:37 AM

It will be cheaper to get a group of 4 so you can take advantage of the group rate (5.35/person last term). With the Young Persons Rail Card, you get 33% off the regular price, which I believe worked out to 7.50-8.00 pounds (don't remember exactly).

Get a group of 4 set now so that you don't have to worry about finding 3 other peeps every week.

http://www.stchris.edu/studisc.htm

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.