PDA

View Full Version : any news from New York??

HawaiiAnderson
08-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Ok, I'm starting to get a little worried. New York hasn't updated their list yet and neither IAU nor Spartan has been added (yet). Does anyone know what the state is with clinicals in New York? Has anyone heard anything from the clinicals department? It would be really helpful if a school administrator can answer the questions and clear things up a bit. Thanks

meharali
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
How long it took for other schools like SMU ,AUA to get approved by New York after being recommended by the board?

HawaiiAnderson
09-20-2010, 06:18 PM
From what I know, it took AUA no more than 6 months to receive NY approval. Which has gotten me even more worried whether the school will receive the approval or not. :confused::confused:

meharali
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
I asked the school and they said that students can do residency in New York and Florida but not in New Jersey.
What I fail to understand is that why there is not much traffic on VMD for this school. May be people are waiting for the formal approval before considering this school.

dr.kidd
09-26-2010, 06:18 AM
FL is okay for residency and licensure. They require approval for clinical rotations only.

NY should be okay for clinicals and residency once the formal approval goes through. There is no restrictions for licensure once you complete residency elsewhere.

I am not sure about NJ - However I know a couple of graduates from non approved schools who are currently doing residency in NJ. I have noticed the same for NY residency as well.

The IAU forum here has more or less become a place for scamming the school. If there is a legitimate concern, I would just call the school adminstration or the concerned state medical board and ask them. Not a good idea rely on the opinions of anonymous posters.

jsr
09-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Dr. kidd - could you cite your source regarding the Florida rotation requirement?

deepk
10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
FL is okay for residency and licensure. They require approval for clinical rotations only.

NY should be okay for clinicals and residency once the formal approval goes through. There is no restrictions for licensure once you complete residency elsewhere.

I am not sure about NJ - However I know a couple of graduates from non approved schools who are currently doing residency in NJ. I have noticed the same for NY residency as well.

The IAU forum here has more or less become a place for scamming the school. If there is a legitimate concern, I would just call the school adminstration or the concerned state medical board and ask them. Not a good idea rely on the opinions of anonymous posters.

Would someone from the admikstration bother to reply.
To me it's "Silence of the lamb"

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.