PDA

View Full Version : bread and butter

solace
08-15-2010, 02:51 PM
How readily are the basic foods such as egg,bread,milk,butter and fresh produce (fruit,veggies) available? I'm planning to live off those and some pre packaged food.

I know there is most of everything else, and anything specific we can bring it from st marteen, but these basics we cant buy in bulk and bring them weekly or monthy?

Thanks for the input

Lowbo
08-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Go to My Store on Wednesdays, and all of those items will be ready for you. Otherwise, it's a crap shoot.

INRmorethan4
08-15-2010, 03:46 PM
The problem is finding healthy food to eat. Good luck getting steak or fresh chicken breast. Canned or frozen vegetables is the only option.

solace
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
but what about egg, bread and milk!............I need my milk and eggs for breakfast to start my day lol

baklava
08-16-2010, 10:13 PM
there is no milk available. make sure to invest in a cow and every day at 5 AM wake up and milk that cow.

you can then boil the milk. or churn it into butter.

for bread, you will need to bring an oven from U.S. - and not those fruity Barbie ones. the coupons will be given to you in your orientation package once you are accepted.

maladdy85
08-17-2010, 11:27 AM
where can I purchase my cow? Do you think students leaving this semester will be posting their old cows in the classifieds? I want to make sure I have mine in time for first semester

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.