PDA

View Full Version : anyone exempted from taking the entrance exam at Semelweise?

harry011
08-03-2010, 11:28 PM
hi

I just wanted to know if anyone has been exempted from taking the entrance exam at Semelweise.

Since I have a bsc in biomedical sciences, i thought i wouln't have to take the entrance exam.

So I looked it up on their website but it doesn't say anything about exemption.

I know the other 3 schools (debrechen, szged and pecs) automatically give you an exemption if you hold a bsc or equivalent.

so if anyone has any info on this, i would really appreciate it.

thanks and good luck to all of you guys !

MJEG
08-04-2010, 11:19 PM
you just need to apply for the exemption (for a fee) and it shouldn't be a problem. when i attended Semmelweis i had a BSc and it wasnt a problem to get exemption. Talk to whoever you applied to the school through for more information or someone at the school.

harry011
08-10-2010, 12:26 AM
did you also get an exemption from the oral test ? (interview) or just a written test ?

bronzmajom
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey harry011,

I applied to Semmelweis this past February (got in since then) and I didn't have to take either the entrance exam or do an interview. I have a B.A. in Biology from a US college. After I paid the $100 application fee (maybe it was $200, I forget) I had to send a copy of my college transcript to the North American representative who then let me know after all of my other application material was submitted that based on my grades and the courses I've taken, I do not have to take the exam nor do the interview. I received an official acceptance letter in the mail sometime in June. I didn't have to pay any fees to the representative to be exempt, just the $100 or $200 application fee.

harry011
08-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Hey harry011,

I applied to Semmelweis this past February (got in since then) and I didn't have to take either the entrance exam or do an interview. I have a B.A. in Biology from a US college. After I paid the $100 application fee (maybe it was $200, I forget) I had to send a copy of my college transcript to the North American representative who then let me know after all of my other application material was submitted that based on my grades and the courses I've taken, I do not have to take the exam nor do the interview. I received an official acceptance letter in the mail sometime in June. I didn't have to pay any fees to the representative to be exempt, just the $100 or $200 application fee.

Thanks a lot for your kind reply !
Do you think there is a cut-off average for exemption?
I heard getting exemption was very competitive and tricky at Semmelweis
How excellent were your grades, if you don't mind ?

Thanks again!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.