PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about 2ndFaculty of Medicine in Charles University!

MTajvidi
07-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Hello everybody
This is my first post

I applied for the Second Faculty of Medicine in Charles University, and as you know there is an entrance exam on 15th of September.
I have some questions about that, I should be grateful If you would answer to my questions.

1) What are differences between 1st or 3rd and 2nd Faculty of Medicine?

2) I have not studied physics in English, I'm going to start study physics for this exam from tomorrow, my question is about the physics exam competition and is physics important? I mean should I focus more on physics!
I don't know the exact topics in physics which I should focus on, also I'm looking for a good book or source to study.

3) I heard the Exam include only multiple choice questions? Is that true?? how about oral exam?

4) I'd like to practice with Charles University sample questions, but I just found one sample question in 2nd Charles university site! Does anybody have some sample question ?!

Waiting for your kind answers.
Thank you

Molecule of Life
07-31-2010, 12:53 AM
There was a good bank of sample questions from the University of Zagreb's medical school website for their entrance exam.

Medical Studies in English (http://mse.mef.hr/link1.php?grupa=01050000)

honzah
06-22-2011, 08:21 AM
Does anyone know how many students the 2nd faculty accepts each year?

I know the 1st faculty accepts 120 and the 3rd faculty 65.

The website for the 2nd faculty does not provide this information and they have not yet replied to my email.

Cheers!

Superman19
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
they accept about 60 students each yr. Most of the cohort of incoming students are portuguese, some british, irish and other nationalities. The major advantage of studying at 2nd medical faculty is that
almost all classes are taught at motol hospital.

honzah
06-29-2011, 12:19 PM
they accept about 60 students each yr. Most of the cohort of incoming students are portuguese, some british, irish and other nationalities. The major advantage of studying at 2nd medical faculty is that
almost all classes are taught at motol hospital.

I just met a student from the 2nd faculty who just completed 5th year. She said that in her year they started with 80 students and they are now down to 30 students from the original batch.

She did confirm your statement about the nationalities though.

bsms1613
07-04-2011, 09:57 AM
anyone here been accepted into 2nd faculty for september 2011?

I was a 3rd yr medic in UK but unfortunately couldn't get thru one of my exams at med school. Does anyone know if the 2nd faculty lets applicants start the course in a later year if they were former medics?

Superman19
07-04-2011, 12:50 PM
ye its possible to transfer.

Click on the following link for further instruction:

lf2.cuni.cz/parallel/transfer.htm

liberal
07-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Hey, I got accepted into Charles University, second fac, for september 2011, but i am not sure if I will be going. There are so many reasons that make me not sure : [ I am Thai and it will be very hard for me to go to study in Czech alone. Can anyone tell me the advantages of going to Charles University instead of going to study medicine in China, because I got into a med school in China as well. : [ For the both way, I will have to learn their languages for clinical courses. Has anyone known someone who go to learn medical school in other countries, such as Poland, Czech and China. Can I ask how difficult it is to learn a new lang while studying medicine, and are they be able to pass the obstacle?
thank you

bsms1613
07-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Thx for the link. Though doesn't specifically talk much about past medical students. I should probably send them a transcript of my results from my previous med school and see if they'll let me start on a later year..fingers crossed!

Does anyone who studies at the 2nd faculty know former medics who were admitted onto a later year?

Hi Liberal, well congratulations. I'm also a bit worried about the potential language barrier but the course itself will be delivered in English, so as long as you're fluent in English you should be able to get by. I'm trying to learn a few basic Czech phrases a day, hopefully should help when it comes to clinicals. Ajoh = hello, ano = yes and ne = no :D

firzen246
07-06-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey i m from thailand and i got accept to masaryk university. Feel free to contact me . send me a private message of ur email

firzen246
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
i can give u more information about life in czech repbulic as i have stay here for 1 year

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.