PDA

View Full Version : Dentistry in Spain

KarlosM
07-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi all,

I have heard that there is a new dental school in Valencia that teaches in English....does anybody know about this?

I found this by googling ' dental school in spain' and found UCH-CEU

Seems like a great school but like to know if any students are already there,....?

Carl

nillyaway
08-02-2010, 01:36 PM
I wonder if they are trying to get a piece of the influx of students going to eastern & central European schools for med & dental schools. I think this is a smart move for them considering the students who intend to come back to their home coming home from eastern European school will come after they finish anyway. Mind as well take their money instead of losing it to other countries.

KarlosM
08-02-2010, 04:42 PM
Yes, i agree...a lot of people have gone to Eastern Europe medical and dental schools, and a huge number don't actually finish or drop out...

There are a few that do shine, but most average students don't finish. Fact.

I spoke to them a few days ago and apparently they have a drop out rate of less then 5%, which is very good, so if you go there, at least you will come back with a piece of paper worth more then Andrex! :D

I am not sure if they are approved from federal bank loans, but i am gonna try and see what i can do cos its seems like a the palce to be if you wanna do dentistry......:)

nillyaway
08-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I tried to email them and called but they're on summer vacation and will not be back till september. I guess this is a european thing but wow a whole month?

Hey Karlos I thought you have a couple friends that are attending there. I wonder how many seats are available for international students.

As for attrition rate, eastern european schools accept a lot of students that aren't qualified mainly to make money off of them. However their standard is still held high by NOT graduating these students who can't handle the work load. Its better to fail out early than to go through 5 years and 100000 euros later to find out that you finished school but you're not prepared because the standard at the school you attend did not properly prepare you for you boards coming home. I will email you proof of cost in pdf (its lower than whats stated on readmedicine.com) I guess this might be due to differing rates for spaniards vs international students. If I can possibly convince the administration to work with the US government financial aid then i'll sign up asap.

I've been to study abroad in spain before and I loved it! The weather wasn't freezing cold all the time, the women were beautiful, and spanish would be more useful for me rather than learning polish or czech.

dr.Ayaan
08-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes, i agree...a lot of people have gone to Eastern Europe medical and dental schools, and a huge number don't actually finish or drop out...

There are a few that do shine, but most average students don't finish. Fact.

I spoke to them a few days ago and apparently they have a drop out rate of less then 5%, which is very good, so if you go there, at least you will come back with a piece of paper worth more then Andrex! :D

I am not sure if they are approved from federal bank loans, but i am gonna try and see what i can do cos its seems like a the palce to be if you wanna do dentistry......:)

What the faliure ratE? How many in the year? How many graduate?

Are they a money making scheme like Hungary/Prague etc etc etc

tani
08-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Hi all,

I have heard that there is a new dental school in Valencia that teaches in English....does anybody know about this?

I found this by googling ' dental school in spain' and found UCH-CEU

Seems like a great school but like to know if any students are already there,....?
its really nice to seen dentistry in Spain,..
because its very useful for many people searching in Spain for this kind of school,..
thanks for sharing this,..

value1
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Hello,

the information you have shared is important and can be helpful about Dentistry in Spain to know more abot dentistry go to following link

thanks!!

CARICOM-MED
09-22-2010, 10:00 PM
why even bother with DMD/DDS offshore, if you have to re-do at least 2 years in an accredited program in the US ??

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.