PDA

View Full Version : UQ/Ochsner 2011 Deposit question

SNu
07-02-2010, 06:29 PM
So... I need to have a cashier's check from an Australian bank for $3000 USD, how do I go about doing this? The acceptance letter suggests that most US banks will easily be able to arrange this, but this has not been the case for me. When I contacted an Australian bank, I was told that I had to be there in person to receive a cashier's check. All of the US banks have offered me foreign bank drafts, but that's AUD from a US bank. Kind of the opposite of what I need. Here is what I was told to do for the deposit...

"The deposit is $3,000 USD and must be paid with a cashier’s
check from an Australian bank; most U.S. banks will be able to
arrange this with the Australian bank with which they have a
relationship."

So is there anyway to accept the offer without flying to Australia just to drop off a check?

redshifteffect
07-10-2010, 09:13 AM
So... I need to have a cashier's check from an Australian bank for $3000 USD, how do I go about doing this? The acceptance letter suggests that most US banks will easily be able to arrange this, but this has not been the case for me. When I contacted an Australian bank, I was told that I had to be there in person to receive a cashier's check. All of the US banks have offered me foreign bank drafts, but that's AUD from a US bank. Kind of the opposite of what I need. Here is what I was told to do for the deposit...

"The deposit is $3,000 USD and must be paid with a cashier’s
check from an Australian bank; most U.S. banks will be able to
arrange this with the Australian bank with which they have a
relationship."

So is there anyway to accept the offer without flying to Australia just to drop off a check?

Have you tried Bank of Ameria or Citibank?
Bank of America has a relationship with Westpac, where you can use either one's debit card in either one's ATM machine free of charge.

Citibank also has both American and Australian branches, so it's possible they could arrange something.

SNu
07-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Turns out there was a "typo," and any cashier's check will work. Thanks for the help guys.

zacho7
08-11-2010, 06:20 PM
join the fb group guys

UQ/Ochsner Med School 2011 Incoming class

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.