PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Muslim for Fall 2010

dailybasis28
07-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I plan on attending SMU starting this Fall 2010 who is Muslim and Male?
This would be preferential to me if this is possible, as I am living in the dorms the first semester.

Let me know anyone out there...

Thanks.

azulpanther
07-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Make sure you make this clear on your residence hall application. They have sections that specifically cater to your needs.

dailybasis28
07-02-2010, 05:46 PM
I did tell them. However, the lady I talked to on the phone was telling me that they pair you up based on the order each student's paperwork comes in. I Hope they do take what I said into consideration.

docbarbaramd
07-21-2010, 11:23 AM
They really don't take your preferences into consideration (outside of if you want a single or double room) from what I saw. So many people I know had trouble with their roommates as well. If you can get something outside of the res hall or suites, I would do it. Look at places like Waterways, LimeTree Bay, South Hampton, Sung Harbour, or any place in Governor's Harbour. They are all relatively close to campus so the walk wouldn't be too bad.

There is a large Muslim population here at SMU, so once you are able to make some friends, finding a roommate to fit your preferences shouldn't be too hard.

Best of Luck

alatif87
07-29-2010, 11:35 PM
salam i hope to be attending smu this fall iA.....i would also like a muslim room mate possibly i am pakistani but that doesn't matter i want to be roomed up with someone i can get along with and relate to and do well in my studies.........if this is possible please let me know how to go about this.

dailybasis28
07-29-2010, 11:55 PM
salam i hope to be attending smu this fall iA.....i would also like a muslim room mate possibly i am pakistani but that doesn't matter i want to be roomed up with someone i can get along with and relate to and do well in my studies.........if this is possible please let me know how to go about this.

I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.

alatif87
08-05-2010, 02:18 AM
salam sorry i didnt get a chance to respond to ur pm i appreciate ur advice and help i am probably looking to get my own single room now......i look fwd to meeting all you guys and i had a question.......by when do we have to get down there? and when can we move into the resident halls....thanks

Sebastien Guilbard
08-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Please contact me for roommate pairing, obviously, if you are already ok to live with each other, i will facilitate it.
Assigning roommate is not the easiest thing you can do and since i have no background, i have to hope for the best....

Thanks,

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.