PDA

View Full Version : Unibe housing?

drmatty
06-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Does UNIBE have dorms? If not do they help with finding housing? Are there student apartments close to the campus? Help PPPPLLEEAASEE

Croton
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
As far as I know no uni has dorms here (well a few do like ISA but they do not have medical programs) I may be wrong. At my uni. there are plenty of fliers all around look for roommates and there is a housing sector full of apartments behind the uni. full of students, I can only imagine that UNIBE will be the same.

Check here for listings of houses/apartments:

supercasas . com/reg/do/home.aspx

migdalia
06-30-2010, 07:30 PM
hi my name is migdalia and i study in unibe, im looking for a roomate, i live close to unibe if you are interested you can call me and we can meet my number is 809-802-2913

scrikiluki
07-11-2010, 06:30 AM
hi my name is migdalia and i study in unibe, im looking for a roomate, i live close to unibe if you are interested you can call me and we can meet my number is 809-802-2913

hi im planning to attend unibe this september and i was wondering if you already have the roommate you were looking for. im from puerto rico. if you still need the roommate you can reach me at scrikiluki @ hotmail . com
thank u

tahaa
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
It's pretty easy to find an apartment

migdalia
08-22-2010, 09:49 AM

delgado developments
02-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Try Delgado Developments (google it) one block from UNIBE, furnished apartments, with modern amenities. Check it out!

Cubanito76
02-26-2011, 10:58 AM
The closer to UNIBE, the more likely you will get ripped off. In Miraflores you can get a 1 bedroom for US$300 a month.

Look around and don't settle. Watch for the "TIGRES" out to rip you off.. and they will!

delgado developments
02-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm sure a lot of people do rip you off - but we are not one of them. We've been offering furnished apartments in Santo Domingo for over a decade, and you can see the testimonials from our happy customers on our website if you want to confirm that (delgadodevelopments.com). You may be able to get an apartment in miraflores for $300, but you will be a 15-minute walk from campus and to get to UNIBE, you have to cross 27 Febrero, plus there are more blackouts in that area (and often the price is so cheap because the electricity is not legit, so no recourse if you need a repair). So really it might not be the "deal" it seems. With us you can have a modern, one-bedroom apartment in an area with few blackouts for only $450-600, and only one block from campus. I guess it's up to you to weigh the options, but being close to campus has its advantages.

Cubanito76
02-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Questions you will ask before renting:

1. Is it furnished? If you are planning on getting an unfurnished apartment, there are good deals if you try buying air conditioners and appliances from former students. Although the Dominican Republic Ikea has decent prices, look to drastically overpay for anything you are buying new. If your apartment is already furnished, it will save you a big headache.

2. Is electricity included? Electricity is hardly included anywhere due to the fact it's so expensive, but there are good deals IF YOU LOOK. Francia 37, for example, includes electricity with your rent. AND NO, I don't work for them nor did I ever live there, lol. In the summer months look to pay US$100 or more for electricity a month if you plan on having A/C so keep that in mind... and it's usually summer year round in the DR anyway!

3. What can I afford to spend? Most Dominicans will think you got fat pockets, and they have reason to believe that! The DR is a third world country and Unibe is the most expensive school in the country. Your loan money for one semester is more than a cab driver, police officer, or maybe even an Unibe professor makes in a year. Mostly everyone will try to rip you off even more so when they realize you're from out of town. Plus, rent is so drastically overinflated the closer you are to school because students have been overpaying for run down, mickey mouse apartments for many years now. This is because there are a large amount of Puerto Rican and American students that go to Unibe that have parents that are are willing to pay those outrageous prices. If you fall into that category of those with an unlimited budget then you have no problem. If you are a student like myself that is independent and not relying on mommy and daddy to hook it up, then you will have to look around and perhaps move a little bit farther away from school. Personally, $750 for a one bedroom is ridiculously overinflated. I'm back in the US now and paying that in a very good neighborhood in Miami. Why would you pay that in the DR?? I'm just sayin.

BTY: Miraflores is only a 5-7 minute walk max to school. I didn't live there either. I lived in esq Leopoldo Navarro y 27 de Febrero (Edificio Figeca) which is ON THE SAME BLOCK as Unibe. I payed 10,000 pesos a month for a FURNISHED, 2 bedroom apartment which is ~US$275 right now. This is as of December, 2010, and I got that because I looked and asked around. If you don't believe me, then go to the office on the 3rd floor and ask how much rent is there yourself. Also, there are blackouts all over the country! There are indeed less blackouts closer to the police headquarters which is across the street from Unibe, but unless your apartment has a generator or "planta", you really aren't saying much Mr. Delgado.

delgado developments
02-27-2011, 04:27 AM
I'm sure others appreciate your advice, and I'm not here to argue about how to look for an apartment in Santo Domingo, that is each person's choice. Our apartments are newly-constructed in 2009 and we pride ourselves on exceptional customer service. Many students new to Santo Domingo enjoy living in our properties because it gives them peace of mind, and everything is set up for them only one block from campus. Anyway, I'm sure people find your ideas/comments useful and I hope that they weigh all the options before making a decision.

Please don't call our apartments "ridiculous" or overpriced, we've kept our tone very respectful and are just putting information out there so people can consider it - it's their choice after all and it's nothing personal.

Thanks

prokri8
03-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Cubanito76

Whats up X?

haha

lilalexandra88
08-11-2011, 04:28 PM
i wanted to kno which was the closest airports to unibe and the closest hotel that there is .. a couple names would be nice thank you

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.