PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances of getting in to Lodz?

dymek
06-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Hello,

I am currently enrolled in an International Business program at a Canadian University, and have two years remaining. I have been up and down in the program thus far, and my CGPA is low, and much lower than my ability should reflect. One year I get straight A's, the next year I get B's and Cs. However, with two years left and something to strive for (aka some sort of motivation) I am confident I could get good grades in and around a 3.6-3.8 GPA for the final two years. Even still, this would likely bring up my GPA to about a 3.0-3.2 (it is currently situated at about a 2.8). Some things I have riding in my favor, is I have been fairly involved in volunteer work; I recently participated in a privelaged Student Leadership Mission (through Germany and Poland); I am fluent in English, Polish, and German (with very basic French and currently learning Spanish); and I am in the process of starting up my own Non-Profit Organization. I don't know if this would be enough to overlook my poor academic output however. And I don't know if this works in my favor or against, but I have duel citizenship, Canadian and Polish, and will be spending the upcoming year studying at a prestigous German University, Freiburg.

Also, I very much want to get into the 4 YEAR Program, NOT the 6 YEAR program. Its not that I'm tired of being in school, but I do have to consider time and money, and starting the 4 year program would not be such a hard pill to swallow.

I was wondering, what are my chances of acceptance based on the points I outlined? Is there hope? AND if there IS hope, what steps would you guys recommend me taking to strengthen my application? I have about 5 courses I can take in free electives (/2.5 Canadian credits) and I know I will have to take some basic science courses (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc) and do well. Should I take the MCAT at the end of my studies (I feel I could do fairly well, as I do well on tests whenever I put in the effort)? Are there specific jobs you would recommend, or specific volunteer experience that looks best?

I am very interested in applying to Lodz, Warsaw, Poznan, Gdansk, and Krakow, as they all have strong reputations and are accredited in the US/Canada.

Thanks so much to anyone who is willing to help

hcg1234
07-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Your chances of getting in are great as long as you have money or be in debt for the rest of your life from student loans.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.