PDA

View Full Version : transcript request after offer

solace
06-02-2010, 12:08 AM
.................................................. .................

Kewlwhip
06-02-2010, 02:39 PM
I got an unconditional offer in late feb...and yesterday I got an email requesting my transcript again with my "final grades/conferring my degree"

What does this mean? why do they want my transcript...are they going to re evaluate my file or anything like that? I was going to pay my tuition...but now I'm thinking i should wait 2-3 weeks until they receive my uni transcript and see what happens. I got 7 As, one B, one C+ one D since my admission offer. I let one course slip carelessly after I got in and this resulted in a D. This course is physics.

Does this happen to everyone (request transcript) even after getting unconditional offer? Do they ever take it back? I m freaked b/c I already took a HUGE loan out!

Help:!: Any thoughts:confused:

Just because you have been accepted doesn't mean that you can blow off every class you have left. Every student is asked for their final degree bearing transcript. Its to validate that you took the courses you told them you were taking and you received your degree... Unconditional acceptance does not mean that you can fail every class and still make it to med school. The unconditional acceptance is in reference to the fact that you don't have to take any of the required courses or tests in order to have your admission granted. Now, since you didn't fail anything, you will probably be ok, but the admissions department will not look kindly on your poor grades. Honestly, I would be more worried about myself because I barely passed a course right before I am going to start med school (even if it is a course that does not have a lot of effect on med school).

I doubt they will reject your admission due to the grades and sending your tuition will not be a problem.

payme2
06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Why were you given a conditional acceptance in the first place?

I was still in school when I was accepted and they offered a regular acceptance.

Is physics a prereq? A 'D' in physics doesn't look too good but it's still passing so I wouldn't worry.

solace
06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
^ If you read my post..I said I got an unconditional offer...and no physics is not a pre req.

Thanks for the replies though

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.