PDA

View Full Version : Question about Loans

DR85
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Does anyone know of any lenders for Unibe?
whether its private student loan/loans in general??
Thank you

NCldy2000
04-15-2010, 07:45 PM
You can get the general loans(Stafford and Plus Loans) from the US if you are a US citizen and eligible. But you have to get this directly from the federal government now, I think Sallie Mae is one of the four approve lenders through the federal government. You could also get private loans if you like through banks, peer to peer(which should be your last resort), and other third party organizations. Just shop around for the best rates on private loans.

DR85
04-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks 2000... i have one more question, plz. i would greatly appreciate it if you can give me an insight on these loans and the process..well i am american and my parents will be helping co-signing...
1. What type of loan should i get? Theres this speacial type of loan i see if your in the medical field...

2. Is there a number of loans that i can get? Can i get more than one, in just one semester?

i ask because i will need money to find an apt, food ect. i will be moving from Fl to the DR.

Once again,
thanks

NCldy2000
04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks 2000... i have one more question, plz. i would greatly appreciate it if you can give me an insight on these loans and the process..well i am american and my parents will be helping co-signing...

First apply to apply to UNIBE or UCE(only schools I know of in the DR with US federal loans) and wait to see if you are accepted.

1. What type of loan should i get? Theres this speacial type of loan i see if your in the medical field...

After being accepted apply for the Stafford loans and Plus Loans through FAFSA. At this link you can fill out your FAFSA: FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/) (a lot of information on Stafford Loans and Plus Loans are on this website). Stafford Loans(subsidize and unsubsidized) are based on your income and Plus Loans are based on your credit. Parent Plus Loans need to be done by your parent if you are a dependent or undergraduate(premed) or Grad Plus Loan done by you if you are going to be 1st semester medical school, and can be use to pay for your rest of your education that any Stafford Loans did not, also can be used to pay for living expenses, books, apt, food etc. Only apply for private loans unless you need to, most likely you will not need to.

2. Is there a number of loans that i can get? Can i get more than one, in just one semester?

Those 3 loans (subsidize Stafford, unsubsidized Stafford and Parent Plus Loan or Grad Plus Loan) mention above are the most important to obtain first, which should cover all of your living expenses.

i ask because i will need money to find an apt, food ect. i will be moving from Fl to the DR.

Good luck on you medical school journey, and I hope funding for medical school works out for you.

DR85
04-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Thank you so much!! I greatly appreciate it!

NCldy2000
04-18-2010, 05:08 PM
No problem glad to see this was helpful.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.