PDA

View Full Version : matched in Illinois

fmresidency
03-19-2010, 11:33 PM
hey guys, quick question: I did all my rotation with GMC group in Atlanta, GA. I was just wondering if anyone who went through GMC group and then later obtained residency license for Illinois.

anyone out there...can you please reply and shed some light.

alias5
03-25-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi,

I heard from a senior ( who is finishing her third year of residency in FP in IL and who plans on practicing there) that in order to practice in IL you need to do all your cores there. I don't know how much of that is true or if it applies now. Check out IL web site for licensure requirements for FMG.

By the way what is the GMC group?

hey guys, quick question: I did all my rotation with GMC group in Atlanta, GA. I was just wondering if anyone who went through GMC group and then later obtained residency license for Illinois.

anyone out there...can you please reply and shed some light.

maximillian genossa
03-25-2010, 05:26 AM
Unless they changed they rules recently, I am under the impression it is just an uninformed rumor.

Hi,

I heard from a senior ( who is finishing her third year of residency in FP in IL and who plans on practicing there) that in order to practice in IL you need to do all your cores there. I don't know how much of that is true or if it applies now. Check out IL web site for licensure requirements for FMG.

By the way what is the GMC group?

AUCMD2006
03-25-2010, 07:36 AM
residency license is easy to get they don't look at it much. basically your program "co-signs" for you stating that you will always be supervised by a licesed doc never be left alone etc.when you really have to worry about it is when you apply for the unrestricted license. the application goes into detail in most states you have to list out the place you rotated at, dates, and contact information to the hospital.that is where there maybe a huge issue with all these "rotations" that arent really rotations you guys, not just xavier, have done. in order for it to be a clinical rortation you usdually have to go through the hospitals medical education office, and they shoudl have you listed as a rotating student and have your grades handed out from there. what most of these rotations you guys, again not just xavier, have done are observerships where you are asigned to a doctor who has privilidges at a hospital and you follow them around.i know one doc who did this and there is no way those students should have that counted as a real rotation..it was an office observership with rounds at the hospital.so you wana know where you will have issues? not in residency but in real practice. my application was 15 pages and 2 of those were questions relating to rotations, locations, contact info for "primary source verification" so just hope that these observerships aren't looked at too closely for the real deal license

enigma00183
04-09-2010, 12:42 PM
I just spoke with a representative for the Illinois Dept of Professional Regulation regarding Illinois licensure. I'm not sure if she was new or not, but I described myself as a Caribbean medical student that is doing rotations in the US.

I asked her about Greenbook/ACGME approved rotations and she either didn't know or understand what they were. She basically told me that to get an unrestricted Illinois license, you would have to complete at least 4 weeks in all core rotations and at least 2 years of residency. And of course, you would have to pass all the USMLE exams. She said there they do not look for such things as Green/Blue/colorless rotations. I called the Springfield, IL office if that makes a difference.

Quartz
06-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Hey guys do you know where I can find a residency match list for Xavier Bonaire?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.