PDA

View Full Version : Someone send me this for UCE Students

IMG SURVIVOR
02-15-2010, 11:54 PM
Talks about USMLE and other stuff process!!

Untitled Document (http://ucealumni_net.byethost18.com/residency.htm)

Also you can add yourself to the list of graduates students.

losackmd
02-16-2010, 09:37 AM
una locura!

its 1980 August. I am walking into my room at the NY Infirmary Beekman downtown hospital after a morning seminar when my Roomate had just spoken to his wife who was studying at the UCE. "Hey Dr Hazim announced all those who have completed 10 semesters and are off to do their year of INTERNSHIP ( me ) and thesis please return ASAP to pick up their MD's and pay the two semester fee (total for me 2600 ). No more year of internship
and no more thesis and immediate delivery of the Diploma en Medicina which i held in my hand a week later while i was blasted out of my mind in SPM. At that same time about 100 "fools' had been brainwashed into leaving UCE in their 9th and 10th semester to go to AUG or Dominica and fork over 9,000 dollars to an unnamed Mr X to certify that these 100 students who were leaving UCE had indeed done medical school and could begin internships abroad or on the island or whatever. These were some of my closest friends who were trying to persuade me in my 9 th semester to fork over 9000 dollars to this Mr X and in essence say FU to Hazim we are out of here and screw your thesis and extra year of interships.
Well Hazim was and is a businessman. He saw this coming. Those of us who stayed at UCE after very careful thought and Wise decisioning were very soon after handed our diplomas without the thesis and year of internship and still had 9000 in our pockets. HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
2 week later i was on my way to PHILADELPHIA with my MD my ECFMG certificate and was starting my RESIDENCY at ROOSEVELT HOSPITAL
JANUARY 1981!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with a huge smile on my face.
I cant believe the dilemma all you people face now.
Though SPM was a war zone and i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy
i got what i needed to get on time at the right price and was interning
exactly 4 1/3 years after i started medical school .
BTW my total education tuition cost 13,000 dollars. the 4 years cost about 25 thousand adding in all expenses. Maybe even less.

Times have changed......the economy is horrible. Paying back 150- 200 thousand dollars these days is IMHO an arduous task.
If you really want to become a physician DO not do it for the money.
The money will come but you will be 40-45-50 years old perhaps when all your loans are paid back...
wish you all the best of luck really i do.

ill be down there next week.......in SPM last week in FEB. if any of you want to have a beer. PM me.......................

IMG SURVIVOR
02-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Who else will like to add to the list of this webpage?

NCldy2000
04-15-2010, 07:58 PM
there's no UCE info on this webpage.

IMG SURVIVOR
05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
there's no UCE info on this webpage.

Someone from this website decided to erase the information.
I had good intentions but it seems someone up had other intentions.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.