PDA

View Full Version : Physio Recommendation- 1st post

SpiritbornMD
01-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks in advance-
I just started my Physio class a few weeks back, & I'm struggling going through some of the resources. I wanted to know what you guys would honestly recommend when studying for physiology ?

- books (guyton, costanzo, brs), kaplan videos, which practice questions ?

I assume that different sections in Physio (cardio, renal, GI, repro, Memb, etc.) are probably written better in the diff texts.

Which resource would you recommend for the different sections in Physio for a good understanding of the concepts & for the physio shelf (i hear its the hardest shelf) ?

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it. :D

pratapsagar
03-01-2010, 02:43 AM
My way..
first go through the video of kaplan physio.just watch all the video with full concentration.doesnt matter if you dont understand one third of the things.leave that for now.believe me.

second go through the physio book of kaplan thoroughly.and while going through try to remember the things that stucked in your brain during the video session.

thirdly,go though the book netters atlas of physiology.

fourth ,go through goljan notes.

fifth ,read first aid .

6th ,go through physio kaplan once more time .

7th,now watch the video of physio again .

now u know all the physiology.

it takes a lot of time.60 days ..if u read continously

summsoni
09-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Can Anyone help with in finding a good career in Medical physiology In USA? I did MSc in Medical Physiology from India. Currently I am IN USA and want to do something in this field. I asked many people and they are saying join some course. But the thing is I am not finding any which I can join with my Indian degree. I dont know where to do and what to do? Can anyone help me out. Please let me any university or any course.

My way..
first go through the video of kaplan physio.just watch all the video with full concentration.doesnt matter if you dont understand one third of the things.leave that for now.believe me.

second go through the physio book of kaplan thoroughly.and while going through try to remember the things that stucked in your brain during the video session.

fifth ,read first aid .

GADoctor
09-18-2010, 11:55 PM
My way..

fifth ,read first aid .

I might take a different approach, especially for someone just taking the class and with little time.

-First, Guyton is massive and there is no way you could get through it and remember everything. I used it solely for reference in case I could not find something or understand something.

-BRS is fairly good review mechanism for the shelf. When it came time to review, I used BRS.

-I never used netters.

-I feel watching kaplan vids is a great way to learn physio along with your powerpoints. Read through pp's, then watch kaplan for that block. It is very slow so I usually watched at 1.5x speed or 2x in VLC.

Honestly the physio shelf is extremely tough and incorporates knowledge from other classes. The questions were almost never straight up. BRS and pretest questions did not feel adequate. If I could do it again, I would try and use Uworld physio questions or something else, because they were almost like patient presentations. The biggest advice I could give is know your renal and pulmonary. On the NBME website, you can download there physiology shelf content sheet which shows you percentages of each topic that are incorporated into the shelf. I would study those the hardest. Use the BRS for that and do those questions.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.