PDA

View Full Version : Please, let's get this straight...

jamar
01-22-2010, 04:07 AM
So I've done my homework, and I've looked through not only previous posts but also googled it to death. Everyone keeps offering totally different numbers. So I think I'll try one more time:

Does anyone know the stats (means, medians, anything) for students accepted to Sackler and Technion, gpa and MCAT-wise. (I've heard everywhere from 3.2 to 3.7). I've talked to both offices, and they're not really keen to say. Also, would anyone happen to know acceptance rates, or is that just kept locked in a cellar where we'll never know?

Any insight would be appreciated!

drBrown
01-22-2010, 03:34 PM
The reason everyone has different numbers is because no one knows. The offices don't release any statistics so people make things up. All you can do is apply with your stats and extras and hope they are good enough

norcal4now
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Ha! a 3.7 average GPA? That ludicrous. I interviewed at Sackler last year with a 3.2 and a 29. My interviewer told me that my MCAT was a lil' above ave, and my GPA was a lil' below. So, my guess would be 3.4 and 27-28? They don't advertise it because there are a lot of other factors, like maturity and experience in israel that would trump a slightly lower MCAT...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.