PDA

View Full Version : Can I transfer from UTESA to UASD

DipreSantana
01-19-2010, 09:12 AM
I've considered going to PUCMM, but UTESA is way cheaper, though I would like to be able to get California certified, so I was thinking, can I do the first 2/3rd's of the degree in UTESA, and then transfer to finish the last 1/3rd in UASD, how hard would that be, has anyone done that before?

DipreSantana
01-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Doesn't anyone know the answer to this?

Swamifez
01-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Yes, you can transfer from UTESA to UASD, you must contact UASD to see what they will transfer over. But I don't understand why you want to transfer from garbage to bigger garbage. UASD is a massive school with many beauracratic problems. Here is a couple of warnings to you, I don't understand why you started your medical career in such a horrible school. When you apply to residencies, transferring with not make you look good, undergrad is one thing, medical school is a whole another, UTESA is disapproved by California, and now Arkansas and many other states will expand on California's list. UTESA was also in the middle of a huge scandal in the 80's of Dominicam schools trying to sell diplomas even though they were found with no fault, they did receive a blow to their reputation. Transfer from UTESA to a better school, PUCMM is an excellent med school, so is Unibe, UCE, and I've recently been to UNPHU and they have been getting better as well and will get back their federal loans by this summer or next year as they have 49 states approval except of Arkansas. This is your future career, and will you be counting the money you saved when you can't even taken the licensure exam in the States? This is why no one has answered your question.. I have a couple of questions for you, are you an American citizen? Do you plan on doing your residency in the states? Use your senses, go back to a descent school where you can heal the wounds and study your *** off for the boards. Gluck

Swamifez
01-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Something also I read and directly contacted California medical board, if you do one part of your medical school at a noncredited school rejected or not on the list of California, it doesn't matter if you finish your degree at an accredited school, you are still ineligible to receive licensure. Something future students may have to consider!

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.