PDA

View Full Version : UCE vs UNIBE

anali
01-05-2010, 08:19 PM
HI, I'm interested in go to med school in Dominican Republic. I'm between UCE & UNIBE, but first I want to know the percentage of people who pass the USMLE in this two Institutions. I will appreciate if someone tells me this information or where I can find it.

Also, I will like to know in what States this two Universities are accredited to work.

Any other information that help me make my decision will be gladly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anali

booger eater
01-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Without trying to sound callous, pleas use the 'search' function and do some research. Before I chose a caribbean medical school, I performed intensive research on a daily basis. This is your education and money, take possession of it.

That being said, UCE allows you to practice in all 50 states, as it follows the california list. Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California (http://www.medbd.ca.gov/applicant/schools_recognized.html)

Unibe is not recognized in California, and some other states such as Alaska, New Mexico, North Dakota, etc. Again, use the search function and find out.

http://www.valuemd.com/state-medical-licensing-information/31427-states-currently-use-california-lists.html

http://www.valuemd.com/american-university-antigua-aua/181790-states-follow-california-list-3.html

As far as USMLE pass rates. I believe that UCE has a lower USMLE pass rate, but this could be due to their RELAXED admission standards, and the large proportion of U.S. students (taking federal loans) who do not adequately speak english. This invariably makes the exam tougher.

However, both schools with the right attitude, work ethic and aptitude can get you to where you need to be: a US residency.

My .02 cents.

anali
01-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks Booger eater,

I'm doing my research, but I did'nt find an answer to this questions. I'm from Puerto Rico, obviously, I don't have any problem speaking spanish. Going to a caribbean medical school is not a problem for me because my father, grandfather, grandmother and uncle went to UCE and they are excellent doctors.

october
01-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks Booger eater,
I'm from Puerto Rico, obviously, I don't have any problem speaking spanish.

Really??? I'd venture to guess people in Spain or Colombia would argue to the contrary.

Tomandote de pelos hermano. Amo a La Isla del Encanto

Vhmd
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks Booger eater,

I'm doing my research, but I did'nt find an answer to this questions. I'm from Puerto Rico, obviously, I don't have any problem speaking spanish. Going to a caribbean medical school is not a problem for me because my father, grandfather, grandmother and uncle went to UCE and they are excellent doctors.

Hi, im from PR too and currently in the same situation you were and I'm extremely confused!!
Que hiciste y como te va???

emily16v
07-19-2015, 05:13 PM
Hi, I want to know which of these two you guys would recommend?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.