PDA

View Full Version : tomorrow is my exam please help about gloves

jake30
12-14-2009, 04:25 PM
hey guys, I have an abrasion on my knuckle its minute but reddish should i wear gloves or just wash my hands ?? may be the SP wouldnt notice.....tomorrow is my exam.............please help.............what should I do

citizenimg
12-14-2009, 04:29 PM
hey guys, I have an abrasion on my knuckle its minute but reddish should i wear gloves or just wash my hands ?? may be the SP wouldnt notice.....tomorrow is my exam.............please help.............what should I do

Wearing gloves won't take you much longer. You will have to be a bit careful though as they are lower quality than standard issue.

You don't have a choice, the instructors will tell you to wear gloves.

jake30
12-15-2009, 12:25 AM
Thanks alot.....so do instructors examine hands or something before the exam?........................so if they tell someone that will be on record then I think

TennisMan
01-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I never washed my hands on any encounter, but I did use gloves instead. I passed without any problems. The reason I never washed my hands was because in the real world, washing hands technically requires you to scrub and rinse for an X amount of seconds (I even forgot how long the experts recommend). Do people actually do this in real life clinical practice? Few do, but most just do a quick 5 to 10 second job, except if you were scrubbing into the OR. Whether or not they take this into consideration in the CS exam, the best way to not worry about it is to use gloves because on the video orientation they state you can use gloves or wash your hands.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.