PDA

View Full Version : RUH (Ross University Housing)

islandthrift
11-16-2009, 05:16 PM
RUH (Ross University Housing)

DEQNY85
11-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Express your questions and concerns here and I will try to answer them.

LaTeeCatin
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Are there apartments or even small homes for rent that would work better for married students? I have no problem walking up to 20 minutes to get to class. We'd like to be a little further away from the school. thanks

medic300107
11-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Definitely don't use Ross Housing for married. There are some apts that take married couples, I know a few that live in Breumont and they seem to like it. Included with the rent is $200 EC worth of electric/month

DEQNY85
11-23-2009, 11:30 PM
yea what medic said....RUH is not great for married couples as the rooms are small (think of a dormesque feel)

No kitchen in the room but you share a communal kitchen with everybody which is actually pretty empty most of the time since most people buy food cooked already

You may want to contact the moderator Islandthift I think she can help you get in contact with the Spouses organization which you can talk with and get a better idea what works best for couples/family

ms88
01-30-2010, 06:21 PM
hey,
i'll be starting the semester in may 2010 and needed help with housing..wht wud u think wud be the best to hav housing at campus or someplace else? whts the process and how much wud i hav to pay? plz answer asap...thankss

RossSOM
03-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi,
I'm starting the May 2010 semester and need help with housing. I'm thinking of going with RUH for the first semester and then find something while I'm there. Any advice/experience anyone would like to share?

будущий врач
03-05-2010, 02:10 PM

mikie
03-08-2010, 12:41 PM
any one knows anything about nature isle apt? starting may 2010 too and bout to lease one there, so please let me know anything

mrsdrbudd
03-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, my husband and I will be moving down MAY2010 for school and from what we have seen there doesn't seems to be a good sense of how big a 1 bedroom really is.

My husband will be attending Ross and doesn't want to walk super far each way, are there apartments out there (outside of RUH) that are better for married couples....

Please feel free to answer me her or direct me to someone i can contact.

Thank you,
Nicole

sioux
03-18-2010, 08:14 PM
any one knows anything about nature isle apt? starting may 2010 too and bout to lease one there, so please let me know anything

mikie -- have you heard anything about nature isle apartments?? i'm starting in may and will be renting there. haven't been able to find out much info from students. the landlord seems nice and has been very responsive. wish i could see more pictures of the place but it sounds good so far...

islandthrift
03-19-2010, 08:09 AM
This thread is for RUH ONLY! Please stay on topic! Infractions can be issued for going off topic.

ohtheplacesugo
03-29-2010, 05:45 AM
hey, i thought we were supposed to secure housing before we arrive there.
Isnt it required?
Im having a hard time finding housing too...im trying to find a roommate but no one seems to check the housing website forum.

pierobj
07-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi guys,

So I'm trying to choose between RUH and living off campus with a housemate in lizard trail area. Which do you think is better for a first year entering student? For RUH, how does the gated community thing work? Is there an access card or 24h security at the front? The off-campus house doesn't have a generator, how important is this?
Proximity and safety are most important for me.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jess

MedAnthro
08-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Can anyone tell me anything about the J & G Diggs apartment please?

islandthrift
08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
This thread is for RUH ONLY. Stay on topic!

MedAnthro
08-04-2010, 12:24 PM
This Apartment is on the Ross U website. This is RUH housing....

tweetpicard
08-04-2010, 06:37 PM
:ooops:........

islandthrift
08-05-2010, 10:17 AM
This Thread is for RUH (Ross University Housing) specifically. Do not go off topic again otherwise infractions will be given out.

islandthrift
08-05-2010, 10:20 AM
This Apartment is on the Ross U website. This is RUH housing....

RUH is a specific housing complex

SodaStar
08-09-2010, 09:57 AM
So I'm guessing there are communal bathrooms as well @ RUH? Is there a generator?

islandthrift
08-10-2010, 07:55 AM
So I'm guessing there are communal bathrooms as well @ RUH? Is there a generator?

Each room contains its own bathroom but the wall between the bathroom and the rest of the studio does not reach the ceiling.
G

Abu Ayyoob
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I was originally supposed to be living in Margaret Casey Inn at Portsmouth but there was a lot of confusion in that regard.

So I requested them for any other places available. They managed to free a room at RUH. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice this place was. Clearly it was not high-class accomodation but then again that was not what I needed and not what I was paying for.

They are clean(for the most part), relatively spacious and most problems are addressed much faster than in other places on the island(i.e. <1week). Security is not as big an issue as it is in other apartments, location might not be closest to University but is a 3 min. walk.

There is power backup since it is considered part of University.

P.S. Remember everywhere in Dominica, you need to have a positive attitude and cheerful disposition. You do that, and you should be fine.

ffz
09-03-2010, 08:06 PM
RUH is frown face. Don't do it. You can find cheaper, better housing closer to campus or equal distance to campus. If u really can't find cheap housing close to campus just shell out the big bucks for a semester and get an expensive one and move to a cheaper one in 2nd.

FROWN FACE!!! Paper thin walls also... No internets... maid comes like once a semester vs once or twice a week.

the_hitman
09-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Hey people I am new to this forum i am just wondering regarding Ross U medicine does the tuition price include dormitory housing or is that an extra expense ontop of my tuition fee? thanks please let me know as I am planning to apply for SGU, ROSS, and AUC soon

sirloinMD
09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Hey people I am new to this forum i am just wondering regarding Ross U medicine does the tuition price include dormitory housing or is that an extra expense ontop of my tuition fee? thanks please let me know as I am planning to apply for SGU, ROSS, and AUC soon

housing not included in tuition. Do not let that sway your decision to go to Ross. If there is one thing Dominica is not short of is student housing! It can be cheap and in decent shape. You can pay big bucks ie 900 US and live in luxury even for the US (Im thinking of Dr grells places on lizard trail) I recommend going to Ross housing forum here or go a week early or look online for housing before.

I paid 200 US a month and had extremely spacious place that I shared with my friend near McLaurance (sp?). I had no internet but just sniped other peoples haha.

Mammy's sulfur spring was my 1st sem housing and I had no problems (but others have). But I found it great cause I had 2 good friends living right next to me, so we would drink and party together all the time.

islandthrift
09-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Stay on topic folks!

sziza
09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi what id the approx cost of living at ruh per month...is internet included? what about electricity

Abu Ayyoob
09-25-2010, 07:17 PM
468/month for studio. No internet or electricity(Electricity is not included with ANY LEASE on Dominica). Kitchen is communal.

Internet can be easily accessed from the lounge which is less than a minute walk(no more than 50m from the farthest room) or the Barn/Swing1/it has many names which is a minute walk. Oh and internet in the lounge is on-campus so you can access printing jobs and mediasite from these two locations.

If internet is a big thing for you and you like the sound of the ocean, you might like PBH. They have rooms facing the ocean that are 472/month(but without microwave).

RUH is a safe bet until you figure out the island and which places are best. It's a bit pricey but it is safe and "technically it is part of campus". Besides all the shuttle buses etc. leave from RUH to first semester classes.

vujackie
11-08-2010, 09:31 PM
what other places are good to live?

tokalosh
11-09-2010, 03:06 AM
I suppose this applies to all apt's and not just RUH, but how hard is it to do laundry when a place lists that laundry facilities are not available?

It may sound stupid, but I hate spending all day Sunday waiting around a laundromat, when I would rather be going back and forth from my apt to a laundry room...

What's the deal here? Or is it not a big deal....? :|

Sheila503
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
There are no laundromats here. There are services where they come pick up your laundry, or you drop it off, and they have it ready for the next day or so. Very few apartments have their own laundry machines.

islandthrift
11-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Stay on topic folks!

ada5w
11-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I got accepted to MERP in Bahamas for April 2011. I I am currently looking for housing and a roommate. Anyone on here in the same boat? I'm a 23 yr old female.

Thanks

islandthrift
11-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Last Warning! Stay On Topic or infractions WILL be given!

guinbell
06-07-2011, 09:39 AM
My boyfriend and I will be moving in August and I need a 2 bedroom place that takes dogs. I am going to be faculty not a student and price is really not an issue I just want something nice and big. Any suggestions?

I am NOT interested in a big apartment complex, I'd much rather have a house.

please help!

clsimen
07-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know anything about One Step Apartments right next to Ross? I've just requested a lease for a 3 bedroom and am now looking for a female roommate....the photos look great: really spacious! Email if you're interested or have any info on One Step!
Thanks!

justadoc
07-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Any information will be appreciated especialy security & commute to campus in morning, evening, night, etc. Would security buses drop a student at their residence?
Thanks you in advance.

YZF600
08-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Any information will be appreciated especialy security & commute to campus in morning, evening, night, etc. Would security buses drop a student at their residence?
Thanks you in advance.

Ive been here 8 months. I walk from the same area as RUS, to campus, and back, every day- early, and late at night. I have never had a problem EVER. The walk is safe. There are lights the entire way.

whatisMD
11-15-2011, 01:43 PM
How much community is there in Ross University Housing? I'm heading down alone but looking for 4-bedroom houses or apartments to share with roommates, because I like having company. Do people just stay in their rooms at RUH, or is there social interaction?

Chaokoh
03-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Whats the community like, is it like a dorm as well or are these just crappy apartments, where you learn to hate your neighbor's taste in music?

AnimeJunkie26
03-11-2012, 09:12 AM
I have a chinchilla (caged animal). I know you need a permit for dogs and cats but what about caged animals?

Also, does anyone go down there to check the apartments BEFORE leasing them? Do you just rely on the internet?

Thank you.

guinbell
03-11-2012, 04:15 PM
For information on importing live animals other than cats and dogs, and on importing meat and meat products, please contact the Livestock Development Unit of the Division of Agriculture.

For more information, contact:

Livestock Development Unit
Division of Agriculture
Botanical Gardens
Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
Telephone: (767) 266-3827/3824
Fax: (767) 448-8632/7999
E-mail: [email protected]

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.