PDA

View Full Version : Possibility for foreigners who attended OZ med school to stay & practice in OZ

martichen
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
I am an Albertan/Canadian. I am very interested in going into medicine in Australia and then stay and practice there permanently.

As a foreigner, how hard is it to stay and practice after obtaining an Australian medical degree? What is the path way?

Can one use that 18 months graduate visa to apply for internship(PGY1)? I've read from here that international med students in NSW are unable to get internship. If so, what the point of going to Australia for med school? (hard to come back to North America and also no future in Australia either?)

Is that true the only way is to get PR? How hard is it? How long does it take? I've been browsing Australia immigration website. There are many sub-categories about skilled-worker.....employer/regional sponsored.....non sponsored....... I am very confused and not sure which category would an Australian MBBS/MD grads, doctor to be fall into.

dadoc
11-22-2009, 01:00 PM
I would not be worried about it at all. Your going to feel a little hassled because they are going to want to screw with you, but, it shouldnt be very hard getting your PR once you have completed med school. The best advice anyone can give, is call the school you are attending and ask for details.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.