PDA

View Full Version : Puerto rican questions about unibe, uag and more. Please read.

allinone
10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Hi!

I have some questions about UNIBE, I've been trying to call them and sent them e-mails but I haven't received any replies.

Do they have an office in Puerto Rico or how is the process done for students applying from Puerto Rico?

How many years does it take do be an MD in UNIBE, 4 or 5?

Is there a program with Puerto Rico and/or USA where you can study some years in RD and some in PR or USA?

i.e. UAG is a 5 year program, they offer the 4th and 5th year in Puerto Rico in one of the hospitals they have in Puerto Rico for rotations. This is for students with good grades and there are aprox. 50 spots.

I hope to read from anyone soon, I want to apply for Jan2010.

Thanks in advance!

A.Bush
10-24-2009, 08:00 PM
The new Curriculum ME-12 that will be in effect for everyone starting January 2010 will consist of 5 years and 4 months, roughly 16 semesters.

Premed semesters: 1-4
Basic medical Sciences semesters: 5-10
Clinical sciences semesters (pre-internships): 11-13
Internship: 14-16

If you start in Premed you will have a total of 5 years and 4 months to complete the career, if you start in Med 1 or semester 5 (coming in with a bachelors degree and assuming you have all the prerequisites)you will have 4 years to complete the career.

You can only do one rotation outside of UNIBE and you must have good grades and recommendations, under no circumstances will you be able to complete your last year or last two years abroad.

There is no office in Puerto Rico, you must get a calling card and call the school directly for any questions. 809-689-4111, press 0 for operator and ask for admissions and then speak with an admissions coordinator.

Hope this helped ;)

allinone
10-25-2009, 04:56 PM
The new Curriculum ME-12 that will be in effect for everyone starting January 2010 will consist of 5 years and 4 months, roughly 16 semesters.

Premed semesters: 1-4
Basic medical Sciences semesters: 5-10
Clinical sciences semesters (pre-internships): 11-13
Internship: 14-16

If you start in Premed you will have a total of 5 years and 4 months to complete the career, if you start in Med 1 or semester 5 (coming in with a bachelors degree and assuming you have all the prerequisites)you will have 4 years to complete the career.

You can only do one rotation outside of UNIBE and you must have good grades and recommendations, under no circumstances will you be able to complete your last year or last two years abroad.

There is no office in Puerto Rico, you must get a calling card and call the school directly for any questions. 809-689-4111, press 0 for operator and ask for admissions and then speak with an admissions coordinator.

Hope this helped ;)

Thank you very much, your answer was very helpful.

prbaby4e
11-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I was wondering if I should go ahead and ask my other schools to send the transcripts to Unibe? I haven't gotton all of the other paperwork sent to them, like the application yet. But want to get the process started. What I want to know is if anyone had any bad experiences of loosing transcripts or anything along those lines.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.