PDA

View Full Version : anyone going to pucmm in jan 2010

DR. combat medic
10-17-2009, 09:58 AM
is anyone planing on going to pucmm in jan 2010?
and is anyone taking the entrance exam in november 2009?

prbaby4e
10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I would like to be going there in Jan 2010. Why? I am looking for all the advice I can get. Planning to visit the campus in Nov. Do you know if the university is accredited by the US? Not that I am even sure what that means. I just don't want to have to repeat any part of my schooling later if I want to practice in the states. I now reside in PR.

DR. combat medic
10-22-2009, 03:14 PM
well if you want to study in the pucmm good for you

i myself am going there because i am dominican so it might be diff for me
but you should know that the pucmm if know as one of the best schools in the Dominican Republic they have a great medical program that requiers you to actually study and learn to be a doctor
they dont cater to foreigne students they cater to teaching great students
thats what ppl that study there tell me
as far as addmisions you might wanna hury if you wanna start in january the last day to submit papers is nov 6 and the addmisions exam is nov 14 if you plan on visiting the campus i could guide you in the right direction
but to get accepted you would have to subimit all the right paper work
you will need you high school diploma your high school transcipts and a certificate of APOSTILLE from the department of state from PR certifing that you papers are legite then everything else is done here
oh and also you will need a birth certificate with apostille also

send me a private message and i can help you as much as i can
but you bascially have 2 weeks to get everything in order and you need to get it done quickly

prbaby4e
10-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I am happy to hear that about pucmm, that it is a good medical school. That was my biggest worry. I have decided to go there so that I don't rack up all of that medical debt and not for any other reason really. I mean I already have a bachelor's and the prereq for md here or in the states. But its just sooo expensive. So I wanted to choose the best school over there. I have 2 friends who went there and passed thier boards and are practicing here in PR.

Thanks for the advice we spent most of the day today calling around and filling out paperwork, finding out what we have to do. Its a lot but hopefully we will have it done quickly.

Do you know anything about the Admissions test? Like what is covered on it or a way to prepare for it?

DR. combat medic
10-28-2009, 12:09 PM
as far as the addmisions exam its 4 parts
english test (that you can ace and not have to take that course)
mathematics(ranging from simple problmes algerbar trig and geometry)
spanish (wich i dont have much info on)
psych(its kinda to see you ability to learn)

the paper work is easy once you have everything you can go to the secretaria de educacion and they will give you a paper to give to the school saying that you have started the process and with that you can go to the school and sign up for the exam the last day is to submit paper work is the 6 of nov so good luck

and as far as the docotors that come out of the pucmm
they just had an alumni reunion and they had graduates that where proffesores in prominente med schools and they had doctors that where chiefs of staff and prominente cardiologists in texas and califonia

cardona
11-15-2009, 08:47 PM
im planning going to PUCMM on JAN as a transfer do you know if i can do it as a late entry because of a transfer?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.