PDA

View Full Version : new with ?s

nj593
09-25-2009, 09:22 AM
hello all,
Im new here and have a few questions and concerns regarding this school and any Caribbean school. First, if i go to this school or any other has anyone found it a problem to work in the states or heard of anyone having a hard time?
My doctor said for example that the fifth pathway for Mexico schools is ok but challenging to find work. Second, I have an undergrad in Psychology and want to make the switch over to med will I be lost ?
Or do they teach kindly even students that do not have a science or biology background? And last with my degree in mind i do not have chems, bios or any science courses really in my degree. Will this halt entering into a program?
I notice some schools require biology with labs and so forth. Should I take this and other courses at a community college? And last how long in your experience is this course and how are the instructers?
To be honest as a married man with children im concerned to leave and leave them behind but I want to better our future.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
thank you,

Shiz77
10-03-2009, 09:46 PM
If you want several replies from the members of this forum it would be best to post in Main foreign medical school forum, at the top of the forum page.

timjohnson
02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
My schooling undergraduate was quite a few years ago......Medical school is like undergraduate on steroids.....huge quantities of in a short period of time. Can you apply yourself. If you graduate from ALl Saints you can't work in some states, so consider that too.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.