PDA

View Full Version : Applying for undergraduates?

oxydiom
09-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Hey
I'm a student of medicine in Iran...
I'm going to continue studying in US, I wonder to know if US is accepting undergraduates easier or postgraduates?
For a good resume, are these enough? :
1- Good points in USMLE step1
2- Good points in TOEFL iBT
3- Good CV
4- Some voluntarily programs like vaccination
5- Recommendation from professors
Are there any things that will make my resume a greater one?

Thanks ;)

TriageModerator
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
http://www.valuemd.com/main-foreign-medical-schools-forum/182638-help-me-please.html

Read through.

oxydiom
09-18-2009, 02:31 AM
thanks for the reply buddy but the only thing in common between my questions and the friend's problem is that we are Iranian lol
But I have different questions, would you please...? Thank you :)

TriageModerator
09-18-2009, 07:09 AM
My mistake.... I thought that since you posted in the forum of this medical school, you might've been planning to attend a medical school in the Caribbean.

Are you planning to complete undergraduate medical education in Iran and then come to US?

Are you planning to try to stay in the US after your post graduate medical education?

oxydiom
09-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Are you currently in medical school in Iran?
Yes, I'm currently studying in Esfahan University of Medical Sciences and I'm a 3rd year student...
I need to study 3 more semesters in order to move to US, cause I've not studied pharmacology yet
So I have enough time to make my resume a good one

TriageModerator
09-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Yes, I'm currently studying in Esfahan University of Medical Sciences and I'm a 3rd year student...
I need to study 3 more semesters in order to move to US

Your school is not listed in IMED. What is the total duration of your course? I see that the duration in other medical schools is given as 7 years. Is a semester in Iran equivalent to a year? Will you get your MD in 3 semesters?

oxydiom
09-19-2009, 09:24 AM
it's here:
imed.faimer.org/details.asp?country=517&school=&currpage=1&cname=IRAN&city=&region=ME&rname=Middle+East&mcode=517020&psize=25

the name is written as "Isfahan" university of medical sciences

TriageModerator
09-20-2009, 09:14 PM
and do you plan to come after completing your MD?

If you wish to practice in the US, doing post-grad in Iran won't help you much. It's better to rock the USMLEs, get yourself some interviews at some foreigner friendly hospitals, get them to sponsor a visa and so forth.

oxydiom
09-21-2009, 12:54 AM
and do you plan to come after completing your MD?

If you wish to practice in the US, doing post-grad in Iran won't help you much. It's better to rock the USMLEs, get yourself some interviews at some foreigner friendly hospitals, get them to sponsor a visa and so forth.
I wanna do it as an undergraduate
I heard ECFMG won't let us to participate in the exam because of the sanctions :eek::confused:

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.