PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about studying in Poland

ryinb
08-28-2009, 09:15 PM
Is there any dress code? certain pants/shirt, hair, facial hair?

and does anyone stay there year round?

ryinb
09-06-2009, 09:14 AM
and also, how many bags of luggage does everyone usually take?

Dave_MD
09-06-2009, 10:49 AM
for class you can dress casually but not overly. i.e jeans and a nice t-shirt are fine. no need for dress pants all the time. i wouldnt suggest wearing sweat pants/track pants. for exams you are expected to dress up a bit more. dress shirt and tie type deal. that being said, medicine is a very conservative field and prides itself on its classic and lasting professionalism. thus your attire should probably reflect that.

i havent seen or heard of problems for people with facial hair but the euro (and polish) standard is clean shaven.

luggage depends on your airline. most economy flights will allow 2 checked bags and one carry on. checked bags are usually limited to 23kg each. business class allows quite a bit more (32 kg usually)

if you can afford the price increase i would suggest flying business even just for the increased bag allowance. if you go over the 23 kg in your checked baggage they charge you something like 250$ for being up to 10 kg overweight. so if all your luggage is overweight then your extra fees add up to a business class ticket anyway.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.