PDA

View Full Version : princeton review

dozeffezt
05-29-2004, 01:43 PM
hey bts,
i was wondering what ure opinion of princeston review was like....should i prepare myslef to take a kaplan course..lol.....or aleast study out of their books....

bts4202
05-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Personally, I did not like the princeton review course very much. The instructors, for the most part, were pretty good, but it seemed like a good start rather than an intensive comprehensive review.

I know some people who have decided right away to take another review course such as kaplan or falcon. I know other people who just studied on their own and took the exam (such as me). I haven't noticed too much of a difference though between pass rates of the two, although I am sure it helps to take a review course.

I would personally suggest that you take an NBME self assessment or a full length kaplan exam immediately following your basic sciences. Then from that score, you should have a pretty good idea how much work you need to do to be prepared and wheither a review course would be neccesary.

Good luck! :D

Darlyn3
05-29-2004, 02:43 PM
There is also a Kaplann Center in London, for those who choose to prep with Kaplannnn (highly recommended) rather than the Princeton Review, you can take the same comprehensive courses that one would take here in the States. Of just wait till you're back home and take it from there.

dozeffezt
05-29-2004, 05:51 PM
hey i was wondering if anyone heard about the falcon review...it just seems so perfect..u get a full refund if u fail..or somethinglike that...andu live in a hotel...sounds nice!!!

oldquack
05-30-2004, 06:32 AM
falcon - gives you a second course free subject to hotel costs - suspect that is about $2k plus. also you have to attend 90% - but the real issue is to be eligable for that deal your school mast be ranked as equivelent by texas board - my understanding is that few schools outside the USA met that requirement.

I hear the course is good - but dont bank on that free second time

bts4202
05-30-2004, 09:59 AM
I agree with oldquak, there are some discrepancies as to wheither people actually get the free course if they fail. They no longer allow u to take any course you want, u can only re-take their course.

I have a couple friends in the course currently, I will let you know how they think it went when it is over and they have taken their boards.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.