PDA

View Full Version : Bachelors or Not?

CubanBSEE
07-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Are many of you going with or without a bachelors degree? I have 2 semesters to finish Electrical Engineering and I would still have to take 2 more semesters to finish my pre-meds. Should I just finish pre-med and go? Or should I finish my EE and the pre-meds and go? This would be a total of 2-3 years to complete the EE and pre-meds.

What kind of background do you guys have?

Thanks.

sweet2826
07-30-2009, 10:36 PM
I think at a minimum, you should finish your bachelors degree, you never know where life will take you, and you have already started, so why not finish. Some states in the US require a bachelors degree to be licensed.....

CubanBSEE
07-30-2009, 10:40 PM
How can I find out what states require a ** or not? The thing is that finishing it will take 1 more year plus 1 year of pre-med. Meaning that I would have to take 2 more years in order to start medical school. I am very desperate to start already. I don't want to waste my time in something I am not going to use. I started it because I was thinking of going to med school in the states, but it's too expensive and I can't afford it.

psik
08-05-2009, 10:34 AM
How can I find out what states require a ** or not? The thing is that finishing it will take 1 more year plus 1 year of pre-med. Meaning that I would have to take 2 more years in order to start medical school. I am very desperate to start already. I don't want to waste my time in something I am not going to use. I started it because I was thinking of going to med school in the states, but it's too expensive and I can't afford it.

well, everything has a price and we'll must pay for a better return. consider this is an investment for your future. I aggree with previous commentators- you never know where life will be taking you and Bechalor Degree will help you many ways, you may not see it at this point. I give you an example, like graduate plus loan (just incase you need additional funds), and wasting time-It's safe to say you are not your mid 30's, you need to learn those what you need to be successful in Med School, It's not easy but It requires a lots of study, nothing like EE. I also have a degree in CE almost 7 years ago, but then I switched, did my premed in the states, then in the carribean AUA. I like to think that It will help me a lot when I in medschool. Just hang in there and finish strong. There's always a room for a winner. Regards. psik.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.