PDA

View Full Version : Questions about HMI and The Medical University of Lublin?

skkalkat92
07-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Okay well I know many people disagree with the idea of going outside of the US to go to medical school, but I am still considering some schools for after high school [which would be next year]. Now I've also heard many things about this college, but I don't know how many of them are true, so please I wanted to ask the people who are attending, attended, or who have someone close attending/attended in particular. But if anyone else has an information about this school please feel free to leave a comment.

1. Well i was told that if you do the 6 year MD program right after high school that for the last two years you could come back to the US and finish up your rotations either in Chicago, Ohio, or New York. But recently after researching, some people are saying that you can no longer come back to the US to do rotations because all three of these hospitals no longer have affiliations with HMI. Is this true ?

2. Now I'm not sure if this is true either, but I heard that HMI s not a recognized school in the states of california or texas. Is this true ? and what exactly does it mean if a state does not recognize a particular school? [Does that mean you cannot complete residency in that state?]

3. I understand that Poland is a third world country, so the way of living will not be the same as it is in the US, but how are the living conditions?

4. I heard that the school is very unorganized and that the student himself has to learn everything on their own? Does this mean that the school itself is very hard? [And is it true that they let you retake some of the tests?]

That's all the questions that i had in mind at the moment. But if you have any other comments or particular experiences, please share !

Thanks and your help will be very much appreciated.

AG06
08-04-2009, 01:00 PM

Moldovanits
08-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Poland is not a third world country! get your facts straight!

Countries of the Third World (http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world.htm)

Moldovanits
08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
2. Now I'm not sure if this is true either, but I heard that HMI s not a recognized school in the states of california or texas. Is this true ? and what exactly does it mean if a state does not recognize a particular school? [Does that mean you cannot complete residency in that state?.

First of all Hmi is not a school its an agency that helps american and eu students get into their numerous university affiliated programs. Lublin is accredited in california but apparently silesia is not. i would definetely do some extensive research if your really interested in polish schools. Also look it up on the california board.

dacronis
10-27-2009, 06:05 PM
I am trying to go to Poland for the MD program. Can any body tell me, how long it will take for the admission process? going through HMI? Thank you.

vampiria
10-28-2009, 12:31 PM
3. I understand that Poland is a third world country

ohhhh, how funny...
maybe we should start to laugh at your average weight ~~120kg?

ginlolay
10-29-2009, 04:26 AM
3. I understand that Poland is a third world country, so the way of living will not be the same as it is in the US, but how are the living conditions?

Are for real with this statement? Do some research before you ask such questions.

A country with some of the world's best beers cannot be of the Third World.

friesdavid
11-15-2009, 09:55 AM
its funny how ppl think any country outside of USA is a third world country..
if you really think about it...ppl are just so stupidly arrogant..
they think because some small as village in texas is more advance than a city in Poland..cuz its "3 world"..wow..you must have really voted for Sarah Palin didn't you
you go to med school? REALLY??

Cetacea
11-15-2009, 11:44 AM
1. Poland isn't a third-world country.
2. If you are considering spending the money to go through HMI and one of their affiliated schools, why not just do a 6 year B.S./M.D. in the U.S. It would be a much easier option. Given the challenges, going abroad for medical school should really be an option you exhaust only after not being able to successfully get into school in North America.
3. Do your own research regarding which schools are and are not approved by all states. There is one school in Poland which uses HMI that is CA approved (conditionally). But if that is your concern, why wouldn't you be considering schools in other countries (Hungary, Czech Republic, not to mention the UK where you wouldn't have to worry about the language barrier).
4. Wherever you go, there will be challenges. You'll have to teach yourself and it WILL be hard. If your final year of high school is next year, this means you have plenty of time and you may not even know if medicine is really something you want to pursue (you may think you do now but a lot of things change after a few years). And unless you are incredibly determined, mature and have relatives in Poland, I personally wouldn't advise an 18 year old to pursue a 6 year medical program in a country they've never been to.

Good luck with researching your options

aprillove20
01-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Well, Lublin is accredited in california but apparently silesia is not. i would definetely do some extensive research if your really interested in polish schools

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.