PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation/Personal Essay Letter Help

JKelsey
07-19-2009, 10:46 AM
I am applying for UNIBE for Jan. 2010. What has been successful material for personal essays? I am older (40's) with a family and have a wide variety of experiences (I am a CPA.) Not sure what to focus on. Also what about recommendation letters, do they have to come from MD's/DO's? Are they usually just character references and/or employment references?

Thanks,

Phil

Seyoum80
07-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Well they the school states that two of the letters should be from professors, and one from a medical professor. I have been out of school so long that i am doing the oppossite and having two medical professionals. Any mix and match is ok. I just sent my app, im applying for september. Join our facebook group, (Future Unibe Students)

tahaa
07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
The main idea for the essay is why you want to be a Doctor, whatever your reasons are just be honest and I'm sure that will be fine. I was nervous when writing mine as well, I didn't no how to start but in the end I just wrote honestly on what experiences made me want to be a Doctor and I'm glad I did.

If you can get all the letters of reference great, if not don't sweat it, do what you can and they will contact you if they need anything more. The main thing with the letters of reference is that they want to know you're coming to UNIBE to study and they can ensure this by reading what people who know you have to say about you.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.