PDA

View Full Version : UNIBE Financial Aid

CubanBSEE
07-10-2009, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know why on UNIBE's site it shows that an independent student can borrow up to $46,000? Is this amount yearly? How can we find out? Also, does anyone know how much money we can ask from stafford loans to pay for semesters 1-4? I know that from semester 5-15 is more money that's allowed. What's the specific difference.

I haven't gone over yet because I am afraid I won't be able to cover the cost of tuition and living expenses only on stafford loans because I don't have credit to get any kind of loan and I am poor.

Any ideas?

A.Bush
07-13-2009, 02:50 PM
listen if you do FAFSA and your financial need or EFC is 0 , then you are eligible for multiple loans regardless of credit. I am applying through FAFSA and i have absolutely NO CREDIT!! But since i am a US Citizen I am eligible based on my need to get these loans. HAve you done FAFSA?

sieunee
07-16-2009, 03:33 AM
listen if you do FAFSA and your financial need or EFC is 0 , then you are eligible for multiple loans regardless of credit. I am applying through FAFSA and i have absolutely NO CREDIT!! But since i am a US Citizen I am eligible based on my need to get these loans. HAve you done FAFSA?

well, you need credit for personal loans tho.

A.Bush
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
well, you need credit for personal loans tho.

When you apply for a federal Stafford loan through FAFSA it is not credit based. If you get an independent loan from another lender then yes credit is taken into account.

read this CUBANSEE

Stafford Loan Questions: Can I receive a Stafford Loan with bad credit (http://www.staffordloan.com/stafford-loan-info/faq/can-i-receive-a-stafford-loan-with-bad-credit.php)

sieunee
07-18-2009, 12:57 PM
hey, has anyone received financial aid packet from UNIBE yet?

psik
08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
[quote=A.Bush;1129531]When you apply for a federal Stafford loan through FAFSA it is not credit based. If you get an independent loan from another lender then yes credit is taken into account.

read this CUBANSEE

yeah, you do get staford loan sub/unsub upto $20500 per year(non credit). Now If you do need additional fund, then you would have to get private loan which is based on your credit. UNIBE does not accept Grad Plus which only requires a FICO score of 575, where's personal loan is much much higher, say somewhere 675 to 750. Now if you do have a cosigner with a good credit, you wont have any problem with the additional loan, you may need to pay for your living expenses. Regards. Psik

JKelsey
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
What about Perkins Loan? So if an individual has bad credit then the max is $20500 Stafford from all sources?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.