PDA

View Full Version : Accepted but not sure what semester I am starting in

sweet2826
07-08-2009, 08:43 AM
I was accepted to the medical school, but I am not sure what semester I am starting in. I emailed, but they told me I would find that out at orientation. Is that standard practice? The email said I was accepted to the medical school. Do they say they same thing to pre-med students? I do not want to get down there and find out I am in pre-med. I have a bachelors degree in Bio already and have taken all the prereqs, any insight?

A.Bush
07-09-2009, 11:22 PM
Well it says the same thing for mine, that i was accepted into the medical school because its the same program for med students and premed students. The medical school curriculum lasts 5 years but if you have a degree you enter into the 5th semester of the program.So in essence the program is just one program but depending on your status you go into the 1st-4th semester or 5th semester. So don't worry they are most likely going to make you take Dominican history and 4 semesters of Spanish (Castellano), but that is mandatory for all international students.

DON'T WORRY YOU WILL BE FINE!

If anything call the school directly and ask to speak to Josefin in the admissions department and voice your concern.

sweet2826
07-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks! I talked to the school and they told me I would be starting in 5th semester. Where can I find information on the courses for that semester?

CubanBSEE
07-10-2009, 12:36 PM
they are on the school web site on the spanish part of the site under "pensum" for sure. I am not certain however of it's availibility on the english site.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.