PDA

View Full Version : Uce

Tnoval
06-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey I'm planing to study in DR at UCE but I'm not sure if I continue my studies in US or what because somedody told me that the USMLE is very difficult to pass is that true? do I need to do the residency at UCE before graduating? I'm soo stuck with this medical school issue it drives me crazy I want a solution for this problm

belleangelie
07-24-2009, 02:07 AM
You don't have to do the residency in the Dominican Republic you can do it back in the states as long as you have already taken steps 1 & 2 and are ECFMG certified but its pretty easy just get good grades on your steps and you will have no problem finding a residency program to accept you.

booger eater
07-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey I'm planing to study in DR at UCE but I'm not sure if I continue my studies in US or what because somedody told me that the USMLE is very difficult to pass is that true?

Yes it is difficult to pass, however many people (even UCE students) do pass.

do I need to do the residency at UCE before graduating? No, however, you need to do Internado (1 yr Intership in the DR). Afterwards, will graduate.

Furthermore, look at what the poster above wrote. As long as you pass your USMLE steps 1 and 2, you should be set to return to the states and start a residency program.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.