PDA

View Full Version : Why

moppetmd
05-15-2009, 06:31 PM
why it is so hard to find information about this school?? Can any current student please message me? I would like to attend st. christophers

maximillian genossa
05-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Because the school had a turbulent past and almost a sad ending, plus anyone defending the school here were roasted, so the students went into cyber exile.

why it is so hard to find information about this school?? Can any current student please message me? I would like to attend st. christophers

rangness
05-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I am a student graduating from the school this year. I don't know much about the Basic Science stuff but I can try. I know some of the profs still there and anything about Luton. Otherwise I can advise about the clinical side. But go to the school website first St. Christopher Iba Mar Diop College of Medicine (http://www.stchris.edu) to get information first.

but otherwise, PM me.

medguy
05-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Why in the world would you want to attend a school that you're having trouble finding information about??? Think about it...

moppetmd
05-21-2009, 11:06 AM
I am only getting information. my parents do not want me to go to caribean school. i cannot send private message unless I have 5 posts so i will keep on posting thank you. but if anyone can give me any information please private message me thanks.

moppetmd
05-21-2009, 11:07 AM
and yes i already visited the website but it doesn't give enough information.

maximillian genossa
05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Your parent's don't want you to go to a Caribbean school, yet , with all honesty, St. Chris is not a good option. Your parents think Caribbean medical schools have a negative rep? They will regret sending you to St. Chris and not letting you go Caribbean, that is all I have to say on the matter.

Good luck!

I am only getting information. my parents do not want me to go to caribean school. i cannot send private message unless I have 5 posts so i will keep on posting thank you. but if anyone can give me any information please private message me thanks.

loan10011
05-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Go to SGU, Ross, or AUC if you can get in.

Good luck!

moppetmd
05-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Your parent's don't want you to go to a Caribbean school, yet , with all honesty, St. Chris is not a good option. Your parents think Caribbean medical schools have a negative rep? They will regret sending you to St. Chris and not letting you go Caribbean, that is all I have to say on the matter.

Good luck!

No it is more safety problem. we have family friend who went to one of those schools and got mugged. i am female, family traditional and don't trust me alone down there. silly reason maybe but we have lots of family in england.

FOID
05-26-2009, 02:30 PM

try other caribbean med schools first. remember, try the big 4 (auc, ross, saba, sgu) and then if you can't get in, then try other carib med schools.

FOID
05-26-2009, 02:31 PM
No it is more safety problem. we have family friend who went to one of those schools and got mugged. i am female, family traditional and don't trust me alone down there. silly reason maybe but we have lots of family in england.

i hate to say it, but most carib med schools have safety issues. if you read up on all the forum, there will be at least one incident.

Tipton
05-26-2009, 02:34 PM
For some odd reason I think people get mugged in the UK as well.

maximillian genossa
05-29-2009, 06:52 PM
If this is any comfort, I was almost mugged in the UK, Argentina and Japan. It happens everywhere.;)

2fasfasligand
06-04-2009, 03:41 PM
The school is located in Luton, England which is very safe and consists of a large South Asian immigrant community. I think England also has the most closed circuit security cameras in the world. Try to get into medical school in the US first and then try the big four otherwise just make sure you study hard and ace the USMLE. That's all that matters!

AUCMD2006
06-17-2009, 11:04 PM
crime stats for luton are higher than rest of uk:
Luton Crime Statistics & Policing | Local Crime Rates & Stats | UpMyStreet (http://www.upmystreet.com/local/crime-in-luton.html)

this is from interpol:
According to the INTERPOL data, for murder, the rate in 1997 was 3.16 per 100,000 population for Grenada, 1.02 for Japan, and 6.8 for USA. For rape, the rate in 1997 was 60.00 for Grenada, compared with 1.31 for Japan and 35.92 for USA. For robbery, the rate in 1997 was 82.11 for Grenada, 2.23 for Japan, and 186.05 for USA. For aggravated assault, the rate in 1997 was 1304.21 for Grenada, 15.29 for Japan, and 382.04 for USA. For burglary, the rate in 1997 was 956.84 for Grenada, 175.70 for Japan, and 919.57 for USA. The rate for all index offenses combined was 2406.32 for Grenada, compared with 1339.97 for Japan and 4922.73 for USA

this compares granada to USA and shows it is safer than the US. do a search you will find that the caribbean is usually safer than comparable places in the US meaning cities with population clusters. usually if you stay away from drtinking and gambling til 4 am and dont pimp out your clothes and jewlery you will not have any ,pre issues than anywhere else including luton...but i dont think luton is safer by any means just because it in the UK..comparably its located in just as bad of an area poverty wise as the caribbean schools

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.