PDA

View Full Version : new to the UCE this sept.

lorenzocast
05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I wouls like to know the atmosphere and th eteacher and everyhting is of la UCE and how the gym and anyhting i might need to know, any info what so ever will be really helpful,

email me at adrely7986 at hotmail

booger eater
05-15-2009, 02:56 PM
THe atmosphere is like a big Community College. Classes aren't like typical medical school, instead its more like college. What I mean by that is that while you have people in your same semester/year, its possible that you only have 1-2 classes with some students and 5-6 with others.

You select your classes just like college.

Overall, the vibe is Chill. The amount that you learn depends on how much you put in. If you want to cruise by with 70s and live the life, hoping on passing the boards (USMLE) with a prayer, you can do that. However, if you want to push yourself and get everything you can out of the educational experience; then the vibe is Intense.

Some teachers are good and knowledgeable, others aren't.

Probably the most frequented and best gym (debatable) is Body Factory, across the street from the Dominicans version of Superwalmart. Cost is 500RD per month.

Admissions/International Office/ Rectoria are evils that are better just accepted for their incompetence than wasting time complaining about them.

Hope that helps.

lorenzocast
06-05-2009, 02:07 AM
thank you it does help me out plenty, hopefully we get to meetout there some time

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.