PDA

View Full Version : Pathology Books

GBI
05-01-2009, 08:21 AM
What books are useful in mastering path for blocks and/or Step 1? I've been told Robbins is the way to go, anything else?

Also for the other third semester classes are the Kaplan books sufficient or should I look into getting additional materials?

Thanks

Bignshiny
05-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Robbins is too much - I never even opened mine so if you are looking to buy a copy brand new, hit me up. Goljan rapid review is to the point and easily understood. Robbins is awesome if and when you become a pathologist - it does have plenty of nice pics though.

camryllionareMD
05-01-2009, 10:50 PM
What books are useful in mastering path for blocks and/or Step 1? I've been told Robbins is the way to go, anything else?

Also for the other third semester classes are the Kaplan books sufficient or should I look into getting additional materials?

Thanks
If you already have big Robbins, it has a lot of ** in it for PhD's so just stick to the pictures and their descriptions, period. That's what's clinical. Goljan's book is the way to go, it's so relevant I wish I had had it earlier. Micro the Kaplan book is golden. Other subjects I think the Ppts are good enough, if you need extra qns for Psych, the BRS or High Yield are fine. Do NOT use Kaplan for Patho!

MDplzz
05-06-2009, 09:45 PM
I am selling the goljan pathology book if any1 wants to get it off of me...
517-8059

mustlisn
08-12-2009, 01:28 PM
still available?

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.