PDA

View Full Version : for 2010 match cs or ck first ? urgent advice needed

snuggs
04-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi, I gave my step 1 on 30th March ,results awaited, really don't know how I faired ,found the test way tougher than uworld (scored 68% aggregate 70%complete in UW) .
Presently I'm in a fix as to what would be better.Should I apply right away for CS and find a date in May/June and hit it ,or getting done with CK by June end or 1st week July would be better ? Few of my friends suggested me to give CS 1st so that the results are out by september ,but i like it better the other way round ,as I'm fresh with step 1 details and that would help me in CK also I find it better to finish off the heavy stuff earlier .Another plus would be, following that ,CS and interviews would be sorted in one round trip to US .
Another thing ,I have my own brother practising in US (Internal Med. graduate) mentioning, in case, that affects decision making as to CK or CS 1st .

A detailed timeline guide would be appreciated ...:)

medguy
04-18-2009, 08:20 AM
My opinion is that you should have them both done and scores in before making application through ERAS. Especially as a FMG, I think that the programs are more willing to interview if all Steps are done and they know they are not taking a chance that you might fail a part.

Do CK first and then CS a week or so later in June. You shouldn't need much time to prepare for CS. This way your scores will be available prior to Sept. 1

snuggs
04-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Thank you so much for such a fast response :).That sounds good. I'm an IMG .

soweto
04-18-2009, 12:07 PM
snuggs[/B];1078102]hi, i hav given my step 1 on 30th march results awaitin,really dunno hw i faired ,found the test way tougher than uworld (scored 68% aggregate 70%complete) ..
presently m in a fix as to wot wud b better .shud i apply right away for cs n find a date in may/june n hit it ,or getting done with ck by june end or 1st week july wud b better ? Few of my frenz suggested me to giv cs 1st so that the results are out by september ...but i like it better the other way round cuz m fresh wid step 1 details n dat wud help me in step2 ck n i find it better to finish off the heavy stuff earlier .Also followin that cs n interviews wud b sorted in one round trip to US .
Another thing ,i hav my own brother practising in US (internal med grad.) mentionin incase dat affects decision making as to ck or cs 1st ...

a detailed timeline guide wud b appreciated ...:).

Snuggs,......you should get into the habit of speaking and writing proper english.....for now, it looks cool to use short cuts, but this might come and haunt you during CS exam as well as with your patients notes during residency or practice. Also, if you need and expect help from others, they need to really understand what you mean in your post.....its confusing to give proper advice when someone does not understand the question or has to guess the question....
FYI, I took my CS 3 weeks after CK, and I found that it was easier, especially when you have to come up with Dx and differentials, tests to order, and explaining the prognosis to patient.
Good Luck buddy!
Soweto from the Ghetto

snuggs
04-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Hehe, thanks ! Soweto. Hmm thats an important piece of advice you gave. I just reread my post and I get what you say ,:peepwall: , it might be really pissing off to some readers ,sorry :neutral: .
Back to the point ,I gather, its better to go with ck asap (as soon as possible) followed by cs. I just wanted affirmation by people who have better knowledge or experience that I'm going by the best possible route at this juncture. :)

drmdfaisal
04-19-2009, 02:14 AM
hi guys, i am due my step 1 in may second week,, is there any chance of me entering in 2010,,i have taken a date for cs in june second week....help me out guys .

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.