PDA

View Full Version : is UsmleWorld qbank enough coverage ?

discombobulase
04-07-2009, 12:01 AM
I'm plowing through usmle world .

there are 13 questions in hepatology and 13 questions in electrolytes.
I can, off the top of my head, think of more than 13 things to ask about in each topic.

Even the 82 questions in cardiology and 75 questions in GI seems to be leaving out alot of topics I would expect a 3rd year resident to be proficient in.

So a total of 1,376 questions seemed like alot at first.
But now I'm starting to worry that too many topics are being left out.

If I rely only on USMLEWorld , am I at risk of showing up at the real exam and get question after question on topics I forgot to study for ?

soweto
04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
If $ is not a problem, do UW and Kaplan. Took the exam last fall and felt that Kaplan Qbank was more helpful than UW Qbank. The exam by itself has some tricky questions that no one can answer. The choices options seem all acceptable, so, you have to know your stuff quite well to pick the right one.
Good Luck!
God Bless.
Soweto from the Ghetto

hapshey_usa
04-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I just took the exam a couple of weeks ago and I felt that some of the questions on Usmleworld were outdated. The actualy exam just underwent a change. Luckily I did kaplan q bank questions as well. I think if you have the time, do both. That will give you a little over 2000 questions which is sufficient.

Flagellated organism
04-22-2009, 01:07 PM
hapsey, how much time off did you take to study?

hapshey_usa
05-16-2009, 06:01 PM
I took about a month to study. During the week I studied 1-2 hours a day and then 5+ hours on the weekends. I think if you do the kaplan q bank questions, read first aid, and then do USMLE world, you should be ok. Also don't forget to do NBME about a week before the exam. I did quite well on the exam using all of the above.

Roh
05-17-2009, 08:54 AM
I am doing UW q-bank right now...

and I plan to do Kaplan q-book and Swanson's...instead of kaplan q-bank

Do you think that would be enough? or should I do kaplan q-bank....I read from another forum that kaplan q-bank has lots of mistakes??:confused:

maplesugar
06-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I am doing UW for step 3 now, just started, i feel like a lot of their topics are low yield, im not quite liking the bank. I think i will switch to kaplan and Rx give those a try then come back to UW. ??

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.