PDA

View Full Version : CS - horror stories

cmy
03-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Does anyone have any horror stories about CS that still ended up passing?

Sam2004
03-18-2009, 02:27 PM
I do. I know someone who got a giant paper cut and bled on a patient. When she realized it, she became really flustered and it took her quite a while to get her mojo back. The moderator even came and sought this person out later and gave her a band-aid in between patients.

Okay - this person was me. I still passed though. So not to worry. :) Hope this helps.

stateofequilibrium
03-18-2009, 03:27 PM
I was going a physical on a patient who was in acute pain, so I couldn't get him to sit up to properly take off his gown. I went through the opening at the neck of his gown with my stethoscope to listen to his heart and then he started screaming. I asked with much concern, "Is everything already? Is your stomach hurting right now?" To which he replied, "NO! You pulled on my chest hairs!!" I still passed.

Kronos
03-18-2009, 03:45 PM
LOL oh man I wonder how much they pay these out of work actors to suffer as patients in CS exams...

IMG SURVIVOR
03-18-2009, 04:08 PM
The patient was an elderly lady and the guy drop her from the bed and she hit herself in the head. They had TO STOP THE EXAM for everyone and call and ambulance and they took the lady FROM THE TEST CENTER WITH A COLLAR, she became a real patient and the ambulance took her to the hospital.
Poor lady.
About if the guy pass or not, I do not know.

kronos I like your other avatar better.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.