PDA

View Full Version : Have anyone used Conrad ****** review books for step 3?

DonnieSantos
02-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Heh guys i want to get your opinion on this, because i am trying to get all my resources down before starting my step 3 study. I have Kaplan books/videos, I will UW as well, but i need one more source to consolidate everything togheter. And i found this on Amazon.com, they have a review book by Dr. ****** (USMLE Master the Boards Step 3 (Kaplan USMLE). My question is have anyone try it out? How is it stack up to FA step 3, Step-up step 3, Crush, and other books. I like how Dr. ****** lecture on the videos, bt i have not seen the book before. Therefore, any input would help. Thanks guys.

IMG SURVIVOR
02-26-2009, 11:47 PM
I was looking at it the other day, and it was interesting that it said garanteed to pass the step3. I was what what.
For step3 what some people have used that have work for them is premiumreview I think that is the name of that review or something like that and UW.

Other people have used UW and step2ck kaplan books, yes I KNOW STEP2CK books! and crush step3
Some have used the katzun family medicine book of questions.
That is what I have seen people used and pass the exam step 3.

DonnieSantos
02-27-2009, 01:33 AM
Did u preview the book? I would love to take a look inside of this book and compare to FA, step up, or crush step 3? My planning resources for study step 3 are:
1. Kaplan notes/videos.
2. UW
3. No more resource like FA, step up, or Conrad ******. That is why i want to get the best book that fit for me. So If anyone has seen the inside or use this book please let me know what u think. Thanks again.

purush
02-28-2009, 03:29 AM
hi can u get me link for step 3 videos/notes 2008-2009 ..is there any grt difference....or at the most 2007 edition...yet to start my prep for step 3

DonnieSantos
02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I m using the 05 videos and it's exact same case as my 08 books ahhaha. So u be ok using 2007.

ishakusmle
03-07-2009, 03:47 AM
book was cool

arkr1981
04-05-2009, 01:02 AM
the review book is great a condensed updated version of kaplan's lecture note..

Cephalon
04-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Hi IMG Survivor,

Can you give the amazon link for this particular C.F. Textbook if applicable?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Nevermind, srry, read original text name in first post. Thanks for the pointer though!

Roh
05-17-2009, 08:59 AM
I am using it, and liking it so far....will know more once exam day passes by...

alice28
06-10-2009, 04:35 AM
I am also using Dr. Conrad's book and liking it so far because of its "appropriateness" regarding the syllabus covered. I am also planning to buy FA because I am used to their style of presenting the material, and I do not want to rely on Kaplan. But as far as Dr. Conrad's book is concerned, I am sure you will like it too.

dmikaila
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I just got the book about a week ago. My friends that are are PGY1 and some PGY2 have recommended it, and SWEAR by this book. So far I like it, Im just doing a quick read of it. Its like if Dr. Fischer is literally talking to me with all his tips and tricks. I am also supplementing this w/ my step up book from step 2 (which I used instead of FA). I also got the step up for step 3....although it remains unopened until I do a quick read of the Master the Boards step 3 by dr. fischer.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.