PDA

View Full Version : Life at Gdansk Dorms

timeisfleeting
12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Hello, I want to know how life at Gdansk dorms is. Is there internet access? How are the bathrooms? How was the dorm application? Did they ask for any preferences? Is it possible to get a room for yourself?

Overall, how are you, current Gdansk Med 6-year students enjoying your dorms? If you can let me know either via private mail or preferably on this board, that would be great as I'd like to know about the living conditions better! :D Thanks a lot. ~

USGdanskMed
08-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I have heard from 2 of my friends that the living conditions are ok. The beds in the dorms are small and you share the rooms with one other person. If you want some more privacy you might want to elect to stay off of campus so that you can have some more privacy.
Daniel

anuruddha1982
08-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Either you can move off campus, or generally, you can get your own room too generally, once people have moved out!

ryinb
08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
I am going to arrive in Gdansk 1 week before orientation begins. I was told I can stay in the dorms for around $5 a day. Where and who would I talk to to be able to get a room? Must it be done on arrival, or can I email/call before?

Emmi
08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
I am going to arrive in Gdansk 1 week before orientation begins. I was told I can stay in the dorms for around $5 a day. Where and who would I talk to to be able to get a room? Must it be done on arrival, or can I email/call before?

In the acceptance package they sent you, they included a page called Accomodation. I think all you would have to do would be to call or email Mr. Dabrowski or Mr. Piatek. (I'm not sure though, that's my guess.)

There's also a copy of it online, but I can't post the actual link since my post count is too low. "admission.mug.edu.pl/attachment/attachment/1370/First_contact_Accomodation.pdf"

Hope that helps.

anuruddha1982
08-11-2009, 11:52 AM
You should be able to sort it out when you get there ryinb! Mr Dabrowski or Mr Piatek will be around, as there are a lot of students who remained in Gdansk over the summer. You normally would have to just sign all the relevant documentation then and there, and hand over the accomodation fee for the orientation week (unless, you've already paid it) as well as the fee for the week prior (thats the way I did it when I got there). However, just make sure you find out which Dorm you're going to be in, rather than having to walk from dorm to dorm upon your arrival. You should be able to get this info by contacting Mr Dabrowski or Piatek.
Hope this helps. Should need any other help, don't hesitate to contact me!

ryinb
08-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Do you know if I can have a friend stay with me for 1-2 nights when I first arrive so they can help me with things?

anuruddha1982
08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes, I am pretty sure you can, however you may have to pay a guest fee for them :)

ryinb
08-12-2009, 10:01 PM
That's ok with me, as long as I can have a friend stay with me that I know and trust to help me :D

Thanks!

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.