PDA

View Full Version : cook county hospital clinicals?

josjua1
10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Can AUA get clinicals at cook county hospital (chicago)?
If so it would be great!

dr2004usa
10-30-2008, 05:47 PM
well, cores are only with their chicago med school affiliates.
IM don't take anyone there for electives, if you are not US student

Medical Student Rotations | Department of Medicine | John Stroger Hospital of Cook County (http://www.cchil.org/dom/medicalstudents.html)

josjua1
10-30-2008, 06:12 PM

[quote=dr2004usa;949813]well, cores are only with their chicago med school affiliates.
IM don't take anyone there for electives, if you are not US student

Medical Student Rotations | Department of Medicine | John Stroger Hospital of Cook County

dr2004usa
10-30-2008, 07:34 PM
no worries.. you can always apply for their other electives , plus chicago is bigg and needs us too... . Just study hard and sky is the limit:chillpill:

HinduDoc
10-31-2008, 12:50 AM
why the hell would u wanna do clinicals at cook county?!?!?! have u ever been there? yes, u will get to see every disease/situation possible in this WORLD but you will also be working harder than any slave has ever worked

ps cook county is worse than any hell hole that you have seen.... yes it is a hospital, but expect to see a doctor at least 4-5 hours after you get there. by the way im not putting down any doctors but just be ready to work

pudendum509
10-31-2008, 07:14 AM
why the hell would u wanna do clinicals at cook county?!?!?! have u ever been there? yes, u will get to see every disease/situation possible in this WORLD but you will also be working harder than any slave has ever worked

ps cook county is worse than any hell hole that you have seen.... yes it is a hospital, but expect to see a doctor at least 4-5 hours after you get there. by the way im not putting down any doctors but just be ready to work

Isn't it why we are in the profession...to work hard and help patients. I would recommend everybody who are interested in being the physicians to go to cook county. My friend is over there and he loves it. Why do people like the easy way; it does not always work. We should know about every diseases to apply what you've learn in your basics science. Otherwise, you were just studying to look good or look smart. Being a physician is to work harder than a slave to save someone's life; it's not just about making money. shame on you man!

josjua1
11-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Cook County might not be a great hospital but its a great place to learn. I dont know about you hindudoc i would like to help people as much as i can...:D

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.