PDA

View Full Version : AUA official, Pls answer I have questions?

kiddieMD
10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I have a few questions to ask and I have emailed the NY office. I have called the NY office but no one has answered my question. Each time I call, someone tells me they are going to get back to me or email me back. When I read the email they have forwarded my email to someone else. I can contacted the proper people in NY. I just really need some questions answered in detail by the proper people. One question was answered but I still have more. Can someone from AUA office please answer this question please. It would be greatly appreciated.

How do clinicals work? Are you on a semester system? Do you have to wait months in between each rotation. Do you get to choose you first core rotation or are you placed in the first core rotation available? How does payment occur during the time you in between rotations? Can you find your own AGCME rotations for electives?

PS. Please do not refer me to call the office. I just really need some answers. Whoever answers THANK YOU in advanced.

sreec
10-29-2008, 06:18 PM
PS. Please do not refer me to call the office. I just really need some answers. Whoever answers THANK YOU in advanced.

You can simply use the search function on this site to find the answers to all those questions.

How do clinicals work?

Search the site.

Are you on a semester system?

Nope. We're on a week system, where each rotation is x-number of weeks. Use the AUA clinical website for more information.

Do you have to wait months in between each rotation.

It depends. Some rotations are harder to get than others. Search the AUA clinical forum.

Do you get to choose you first core rotation or are you placed in the first core rotation available?

You choose and that determines the wait time.

How does payment occur during the time you in between rotations?

Every 16 weeks is a semester. You are not billed or fined for downtime, as other schools do.

Can you find your own AGCME rotations for electives?

You can find them easily, but getting them to approve you is an uphill battle. If you pull it off, AUA will sign off on them.

kiddieMD
10-29-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanx so much for the answers. Your answers have been very helpful. I wanted to ask a school official before to hear the information first hand before searching thru valueMD. But after making several calls and emails I really did not get much information. I was kind of passed around. I do thank you for replying. I am trying to understand how everything works. I have read alot of your posts you have some very valuable info.

pudendum509
10-31-2008, 08:00 AM

It depends. Some rotations are harder to get than others. Search the AUA clinical forum.

What??? Why is some rotations so hard to get? about how long is the wait time?

Every 16 weeks is a semester. You are not billed or fined for downtime, as other schools do.

That's another reason I love AUA...they don't charge for downtime...GREAT!

You can find them easily, but getting them to approve you is an uphill battle. If you pull it off, AUA will sign off on them.

I don't get this one??? What are the criteria of being approved easily? I can't be waiting on getting approve for this and that. Time is ticking....I have been too lazy to do any research beyond antigua...not smart at all.

Tipton
10-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Are you asking how to set up an away Elective Rotation?

pudendum509
10-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Are you asking how to set up an away Elective Rotation?

:)Me:What??? Why is some rotations so hard to get? about how long is the wait time?

:)Me:That's another reason I love AUA...they don't charge for downtime...GREAT!

:)Me: I don't get this one??? What are the criteria of being approved easily? I can't be waiting on getting approve for this and that. Time is ticking....I have been too lazy to do any research beyond antigua...not smart at all.

Copyright © 2003-2020 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.