PDA

View Full Version : Places NOT to rent in Dominica

wecandothisallday
10-08-2008, 08:39 PM
So, seeing as how we have a tread for places not to rent in Miami, why don't we get one going for Dominica. I know this would have been helpful to me before I moved here last semester...

wecandothisallday
10-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Oh you guys all like your apartments huh?

ok I'll start.

Kootney Resorts. Don't rent there. Why?

1) It's balls expensive.

2) There is a major problem with roaches and rats. You will wake up with fecal matter on your blankets. No joke. You will also notice poop in your cupboards and on your plates. Num nums right?

3) If you call or email the landlord she will likely ignore your email if it is critical in nature... if she does respond it will only be to tell you to go by mouse traps/insecticide. She's very nice... but I need a responsible landlord not a BFF.

4) It is a long walk from campus... which would be worth it if the above problems didn't exist.

5) Hot water is always going out.

These same problems were experienced by my neighbors as well, so it certainly is NOT an isolated incident.

One benefit: Monthly invoicing for electricity and you can pay rent and electricit with a credit card.

I now live in Carlton... it's a little more money but it's much nicer. Unfortunatly I am most likely sterile and will soon be suffering from an assortment of neurological disorders from all of the insecticides I exposed myself to last semester during my war against the rodents... which I of course lost.

<3
WCDTAD

the sheriff
10-08-2008, 11:45 PM
are rats a big problem down there?

DocKelley
10-09-2008, 12:32 AM
thanks for the info because Kootney looked really good on the net

wecandothisallday
10-09-2008, 01:11 AM
Agreed. It does look great on the net... perhaps better than any of the other apartments. But this is definitely not the case.

And as for rats being a major problem, I would say no. Nobody I know outside of Kootney has dealt with the rat/mouse issue. But it is a big problem at Kootney. I killed 3 of them last semester and saw no decrease in the amount of surprises left around my apartment. Part of the problem maybe the the fact that all of the units are at ground level, making it easy for stuff to get in. The other problem is the stupid design. There are premanent screens in the areas above the front door and the bathroom that cannot be closed off, so you always have direct exposure to the outside.... which not only makes the living room impossible to cool via AC, it makes the entire apartment very humid all the time.

DrVinsk
10-09-2008, 09:35 AM
A few years since I was there, but here's my input unless things have changed..which I doubt, being Dominica.

Margaret Casey...outrageous electric bills for no reason. Shady mgmt. and a building supervisor as dumb as a box of rocks and thieving maids.

The brown apartments next to the Campus, to the left if you're facing the campus were just being finished when I left. They were asking $800/month..they looked nice. Can anyone comment on these? I'm just curious.

islandthrift
10-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Don't rent from Coco Mango. The landlord appears to be a nice guy until you have a problem (bugs, bats, ants, etc). If you ask him too many times to fix the problem he will evict you, change the locks, and keep your security deposit.

jdbply
10-10-2008, 07:41 PM
Do not rent from from the Jenner Amour Beach house. It is expensive but the land lord lives in Austria who has his sister down here who lives in Roseau who has another lady down here to manage things. So not to mention the chain of command a complaint must climb, they are either lazy, stupid, or just dont care as long as you give them your rent. And the electric bills are insane.

calnexin11
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi. I will be starting in Jan 09 and my student coordinator advised that i secure housing before i get to the island, but i am skeptical about picking an apt just by the pictures on the database. I had one person tell me NOT to pick Ross housing cuz its really bad?.
Anyone living in Ross housing now, is it really that bad????. and someone mentioned they live in carlton...
where is it???..i mean which trail?

Thnx

KP

wecandothisallday
10-14-2008, 08:18 PM
I've never personally lived in RUH, but several of my friends have and I have been to their places. It is kind of like a dorm/hotel room in my opinion. It's nice to be close to campus and the pool/water, but it is small and there is no kitchen in the apartment, but I think there is a kitchen for everyone to use.
I don't think internet is included either... which is annoying.

KiddieDoc2B11
11-18-2008, 08:49 AM
DO NOT rent from **** De Fritas in Dominica. She fixes NOTHING and charges outrageous rent. Not to mention, if you make her angry, she has no problem "misplacing" your keys for someone to "break in"

Laconic
11-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Sorry to start such an isolated thread, and this might even get moved around somewhere else- but this is just to warn the incoming students and current students looking for new place to live, please do NOT consider new avies as your option because it plain old sucks. Tonight the aggravation of its tenants have reached its peak when the electricity went out, and its still out. The landlord is out of state and his wife - who sent a man to fix the generator said that the guy just left cuz he couldnt fix it.

well-- bottom line.. the building is brand spankin new-- but everything else other than that-- just SUX.

Mustango
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Black listed

Reign
11-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Old Avies sucks too - live somewhere else. I can't wait to move . . . But if you're really bitter, complain to the housing office. They're the ones who recommend housing to students and if they're getting enough complaints, they usually don't steer new students in that direction.

However, Avies will still have plenty of business thanks to idiots like me who freaked out and just signed for a place early via internet and phone instead of doing the housing tour. Wee todd it.

ndagost8
12-06-2008, 11:09 AM
DO NOT RENT FROM AVIES VILLE!!!!!!! OK, SO I JUST RETURNED FROM A NIGHT OF NO ELECTRICITY BECAUSE THEY CAME AND CUT IT OFF. THEN THEY SENT SECURITY TO MY PLACE AND I WAS JUST INTERROGATED BY SECURITY FOR 2 HOURS...ALL BEFORE SHELVES AND MINI 3. So they thought my boyfriend was living with me because he was over all the time and accused me of it so instead of asking me to pay the fees for sharing an apartment, they slipped a note under the door telling me i owed them money then drove away. then that night they came and turned off my electricity, i watched them do it and when i ran after them they drove off. I could not study let alone sleep in that place and had to pick up and move to school to study. then this morning they banged on my door with a security guard and threatened me that "they would do whatever they could to get my money". I was just crying to security for 2 hours about how scared i am to have landlords like this. They shoudl be thrown in jail.

DocKelley
12-06-2008, 12:41 PM
DO NOT RENT FROM AVIES VILLE!!!!!!! OK, SO I JUST RETURNED FROM A NIGHT OF NO ELECTRICITY BECAUSE THEY CAME AND CUT IT OFF. THEN THEY SENT SECURITY TO MY PLACE AND I WAS JUST INTERROGATED BY SECURITY FOR 2 HOURS...ALL BEFORE SHELVES AND MINI 3. So they thought my boyfriend was living with me because he was over all the time and accused me of it so instead of asking me to pay the fees for sharing an apartment, they slipped a note under the door telling me i owed them money then drove away. then that night they came and turned off my electricity, i watched them do it and when i ran after them they drove off. I could not study let alone sleep in that place and had to pick up and move to school to study. then this morning they banged on my door with a security guard and threatened me that "they would do whatever they could to get my money". I was just crying to security for 2 hours about how scared i am to have landlords like this. They shoudl be thrown in jail.

Oh wow thats insane!

ndagost8
12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Well you all saw my story about what happened to me in Avies Ville last night and this morning. I cannot get over it. I am now scared and angry and do not need this stress before these tests. IF anybody is interested in going to housing with me to complain about Avies Ville, new or old. Let me know. We have enough stress on this island trying to deal with school, finding food, staying healthy and getting our clothes washed. NOt to mention getting so screwed out of our loan money. We do not deserve this. We have made these people millionaires and they treat us with no respect. I feel as though we are being punished for our hard work. They make money beyond our wildest dreams and punish us for it. We pay prices that are high even for the United States. Frankly, I am tired of being pushed around. Now my security is threatened? How dare they. I am going to the Dean of Student affairs. I encourage you to do the same, even on your own time. This abuse needs to stop. Why do you think this campus is slowly moving to the bahamas...it is unsafe here and nothing is protected. The landlord said and I quote "I know how to get your money I have done it before and I can do it again".

slexis200
12-10-2008, 09:48 AM
OK, so what are the best places to rent? Whats the best for $600-700 ?

Mustango
12-10-2008, 12:07 PM
OK, so what are the best places to rent? Whats the best for $600-700 ?

go to the sticky section

http://www.valuemd.com/ross-university-sticky-forum/117689-housing-dominica.html

coralis
02-11-2009, 05:14 PM
wow...this thread was a brilliant idea!!!

Thank you!!!!

jcu
02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
By the way, forgot to update on Old Avie's. The internet here is now faster than it is on campus. I can sometimes download upwards to 1 MB/s.

chilon09
02-28-2009, 07:45 PM
----------

papaya
06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Avoid Mac and Judy's at all costs!!

aerozoche
06-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh, doesn't take much to improve on campus internet speeds these days... about the only thing it works well for is Mediasite, not always that.

mrgrinch
06-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Avoid Mac and Judy's at all costs!!
Why? I've heard good things about them.

Truoc
06-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Does anyone know of any family houses that should be avoided?

papaya
06-29-2009, 05:50 PM
deleted post

NikAmi
07-19-2009, 02:49 AM
Stay away from Silver Lining. Lived there last term. Landlord packed both my roommate and I up over break and moved us out without even telling us. We had always paid our rent on time and had confirmed with him that we were staying for the next term. In the end, we had to find an apartment in the one day before classes started and I lost a lot of stuff. Actually, he STOLE a lot of my stuff. To top it all off, he copped an attitude and pretty much blamed us for his, can't think of a better way to put it, Dominican behavior.

snowflakeangel
08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Valena Hill apartments looked pretty nice on the net. has anyone heard of anything about it?

prost
09-18-2009, 11:53 PM
What place would you guys say you have heard about that has the best reputation to rent from in Dominica? Thanks!

Teddy911
09-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Do NOT live in Jeffery Kelsick's apartments. Have had nothing but trouble there, including getting ripped off!

tellmethenews
11-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Do not rent at Fortune Apts.....You never get your deposit back and besides other things.

Teddy911
12-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Oh, doesn't take much to improve on campus internet speeds these days... about the only thing it works well for is Mediasite, not always that.
That is because of youtube. From what I've heard previous semesters have had youtube blocked, which as fixed all internet speed problems.

I mentioned before not to rent from Jeffery Kelsick off of the Banana Trail. From the back it is a big blue building.
I just want to reiterate my point. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!
Again, they cheat me out of money. This time I am going to talk to Ross housing to see if they can do anything. I'm sick of being cheated by these people.
Other good reasons to not rent here (besides being lied to, cheated, and called an idiot and liar). I rented here for a generator that works, you know, like when the power goes out. Not this one. It works when it wants to, but usually a call must be made and they will turn it on when they get around to it. Every cabinet (in the kitchen and bathroom) stink of mold!!! I have to hold my breath if I ever open the cabinet doors under the sink, if this was the US, I would have called the health department long ago! Electicity is expensive, we all know this. but in the evenings this time of year, it is cool and typically has a nice brease, but i have screens with holes in them, or no screans at all! (not even legal to rent or sell a house/appartment in CA with missing/damaged screens). Needless to say, I get lots of bug bites, almost all inside my own apartment. And there are a few other minor things, like the cable and internet going out (maybe area wide, I don't know) and water pressure issues (which is a complaint of everyone in this area).
But to make sure you all get it, don't rent here because they will cheat you!!! Not to mention mold problems (in my apartment at least), broken screens, and various other little issues.

JonathanMD
12-09-2009, 06:27 AM
That is because of youtube. From what I've heard previous semesters have had youtube blocked, which as fixed all internet speed problems.

I mentioned before not to rent from Jeffery Kelsick off of the Banana Trail. From the back it is a big blue building.
I just want to reiterate my point. DO NOT RENT FROM THEM!
Again, they cheat me out of money. This time I am going to talk to Ross housing to see if they can do anything. I'm sick of being cheated by these people.
Other good reasons to not rent here (besides being lied to, cheated, and called an idiot and liar). I rented here for a generator that works, you know, like when the power goes out. Not this one. It works when it wants to, but usually a call must be made and they will turn it on when they get around to it. Every cabinet (in the kitchen and bathroom) stink of mold!!! I have to hold my breath if I ever open the cabinet doors under the sink, if this was the US, I would have called the health department long ago! Electicity is expensive, we all know this. but in the evenings this time of year, it is cool and typically has a nice brease, but i have screens with holes in them, or no screans at all! (not even legal to rent or sell a house/appartment in CA with missing/damaged screens). Needless to say, I get lots of bug bites, almost all inside my own apartment. And there are a few other minor things, like the cable and internet going out (maybe area wide, I don't know) and water pressure issues (which is a complaint of everyone in this area).
But to make sure you all get it, don't rent here because they will cheat you!!! Not to mention mold problems (in my apartment at least), broken screens, and various other little issues.

Wow, that really sounds horrible.

Does anyone have any experience with, "Pat Corbette Apt, Blanca Rd" on Banana Trail? It's a little pricey at $595, but it looks to have everything I want. (And I figure you get what you pay for in general... I hope.)

Recommend? Stay away?

Thanks.

DEQNY85
12-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Wow, that really sounds horrible.

Does anyone have any experience with, "Pat Corbette Apt, Blanca Rd" on Banana Trail? It's a little pricey at $595, but it looks to have everything I want. (And I figure you get what you pay for in general... I hope.)

Recommend? Stay away?

Thanks.
$595 is not pricey for the island.....pricey homes run around the 700-750 and up which are much nicer in general

JonathanMD
12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
$595 is not pricey for the island.....pricey homes run around the 700-750 and up which are much nicer in general

Hm... I'll keep that in mind.

What I said was based off of some of the $395 places I've seen listed. (Keep in mind, what I'm looking for is just a 1 bed / 1 bath.) But you know better than I do. Maybe I'll look a little longer.

Dr.Coxy
12-09-2009, 05:00 PM
I gotto warn anyone interested in Dian John APTs... I have reserved three separate apartments from this place, and each time I am told it is already gone. I don't know if this is a Housing website problem, or a landlord problem, but be forewarned. Basically, I reserved a listing, heard nothing for a week and a half so I called and was told "oh btw that was already taken... so... yeah..." and they told me that two other apartments were available, and to get on the housing website and reserve so they could send me the lease. Within 5 minutes, I had reserved again, and I got a confirmation email form the landlord's assistant telling me the place was reserved for me and I would receive the lease via email within an hour. 4 hours later, I get an email saying the apt. I reserved is no longer available, and that I should reserve another one. She gave me the listing number and I went to reserve.. Repeat approx. 15x. Like seriously, where's Ashton and the hidden cameras..

DEQNY85
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
money talks....clicking on something to "reserve" is not going to impress the local entrepeneurs...are you guys offering deposits for the places? why are you reserving through the website is this a new rule? When I was heading to the island, you call up the owner directly and figure out how they go about reserving a room for you and if they need prepayment etc....you are also fighting for rooms against students who are already on the island and are trying to leave a housing they didn't like their first semester

Dr.Coxy
12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't know if this is a new rule, but the landlord at THIS particular place is insisting on it being reserved through the housing website. I specifically asked to reserve directly with her via deposit and lease signing etc. and the response I got was "Please reserve #3"
Thats it. And on the housing website, each and every listing requires a deposit, so I didn't even think this was negotiable!

LinkMD
12-09-2009, 10:43 PM
why are you reserving through the website is this a new rule? When I was heading to the island, you call up the owner directly and figure out how they go about reserving a room for you and if they need prepayment etc....

Well they do not provide phone numbers for the landlords and the only way to get them is by reserving units thru the ross housing website. The problem is that all of the info on the website is wrong/not up-to-date.

RossMERPMD
12-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes it is a new rule, hence why I said the housing is not up to date on the other housing sticky thread.

Dr.Coxy
12-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Well they do not provide phone numbers for the landlords and the only way to get them is by reserving units thru the ross housing website. The problem is that all of the info on the website is wrong/not up-to-date.

Indeed. Although I haven't tried asking housing for the contact info using the "ask a question" button... although I'm sure I'd just get a generic "no" response like they have sent me for my other questions. "There is currently a tenant in that apartment, but once they move out, you can see inside" which will likely happen like a week or two before I move in, at which point someone will have taken it.. lol How dare I ask them to see the inside of a place before I sign! Most places only had pictures of the outside of the building...

Dr.Coxy
12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
It gets better. Today housing sent me a lease for one of the apartments I was told was already booked by someone else. They told me to sign it and get it back to them. Called the landlord a few minutes later, and he tells me that this apartment is in fact already booked.

JonathanMD
12-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Eh, I'm going through the same thing right now. I hit reserve for a couple places today (all of them I have "available" checked in the search). The first couple times they got back to me within minutes saying that unfortunately, it's not available. I'm waiting for a response for this third one before I contact the landlord.

LaTeeCatin
12-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Okay, so if my point of view for renting is a little different... I have lived for a long time in a hot place with no running water, no reliable power, and no air conditioning, would any of these apartments really bother me? I know that the regulars cruise all of these threads and I'd like to read your opinions on this. I can charge my laptop from a very small solar panel and if the stoves run on propane then I can cook food. I've read by candlelight and I have rechargable lanterns. "Can the buildings stand up to the storms," is my biggest question, and I'm guessing by what I've seen on youtube that they can. So will I be in mortal danger in any of these apartments? Thanks

mspropst
12-15-2009, 06:52 PM
This is not a duplicate post. Under the Terms of Service (http://www.valuemd.com/disclaimer.php): "Users have the ability to edit their own posts at a later time/date if they wish." While I do not feel my posts were offensive, I'm removing all posts anywhere and everywhere on all sites and making an effort to not post anywhere except when absolutely necessary. As comments may be quoted elsewhere, please remember that they will now be out of context.

IniquityBliss
01-03-2010, 01:31 AM
You will NOT be at the Four Seasons. You will be in Dominica. Power outages, water outages - water that comes out brown and dirtier than you are - no a/c = a standard Dominica apartment.

The pictures are pretty. The apartments look incredible. Those pictures lie.

Dr.Coxy
01-04-2010, 07:33 PM
^ fact. well the picture part anyways. So far no outages yet!

RossSOM
03-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Does anyone have any feedback on Nature Isle apt.?

zeeshans
05-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Hey has anyone heard of coco condos apt? I don't know if its the same thing as coco mango.

Caduseus
05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
The landlord is completely obnoxious and unaccommodating and they'll keep on making up new "fees" after you've already moved in there. Now I know that there are many other, nicer, apartments available in the campus area for the amount they charge at Avies Ville and at least you won't have to deal with a complete Bi*** for a landlord. And to top it off I had to fly through fire hoops to get my security deposit back. Needless to say, I regret choosing this place and would NOT recommend anyone live there.

M.D.2014
10-18-2010, 12:38 AM
What place would you guys say you have heard about that has the best reputation to rent from in Dominica? Thanks!

this question is for a different thread. Stay on topic please.

sxa4211
12-13-2010, 02:37 PM
So far we have for places not to rent in Dominica are:

Kootney Resorts
Margaret Casey
Coco Mango
Jenner Ambur Beach House
De Fritas
New / Old Avies
Mac & Judy
Silver Lining
Jeffery Kelsick
Fortune Apts
Dian John

(gathered from this post) (big list...)

any objections? agreements? additions? gen. comments?

islandthrift
12-13-2010, 05:27 PM

Kootney Resorts
Margaret Casey
Coco Mango
Jenner Ambur Beach House
De Fritas
New / Old Avies
Mac & Judy
Silver Lining
Jeffery Kelsick
Fortune Apts
Dian John

I've heard some good things about Kootney Resorts

Hopefultobe
12-14-2010, 05:10 PM
I was wondering what the average rent is in Dominica for a single or studio apt. Hopefully in the places not listed above this post.

Abu Ayyoob
12-14-2010, 07:56 PM
@Hopefultobe: It can vary anywhere from US$ 400 to 1000. Usually you can find a nice place for US$500-550(if you are not too picky)

SpursDoc
12-15-2010, 08:30 PM

Kootney Resorts
Margaret Casey
Coco Mango
Jenner Ambur Beach House
De Fritas
New / Old Avies
Mac & Judy
Silver Lining
Jeffery Kelsick
Fortune Apts
Dian John

I lived at Kootney and would recommend it, attentive landlords and the rent just dropped $100 US for next semester

mohamm46
12-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Are campus residences available for married couples?
Are non-campus residences available for married couples?
What the average cost for such residences?

moonltmdn
03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
There are many places that rent to couples -- just ask. The only time you really run into a problem is with children or pets.

My spouse and I live in a 1-bedroom (btw, make sure that when they say its a 1 bedroom, its a 1 bedroom and not a studio. A spouse i met got screwed over that way) and we pay about $750. We live approximately 2 minutes from the barn. It really just depends on what area you want to live in and what luxuries you're willing to live without. It also varies per floor you live on. We live on the bottom floor (cheapest), and the upper floors are $100 more. But if you want luxury living, it can go as high as $1k per month. We're way too cheap to do that :)

sesigs
03-08-2011, 06:52 PM
There are many places that rent to couples -- just ask. The only time you really run into a problem is with children or pets.

My spouse and I live in a 1-bedroom (btw, make sure that when they say its a 1 bedroom, its a 1 bedroom and not a studio. A spouse i met got screwed over that way) and we pay about $750. We live approximately 2 minutes from campus. It really just depends on what area you want to live in and what luxuries you're willing to live without. It also varies per floor you live on. We live on the bottom floor (cheapest), and the upper floors are $100 more. But if you want luxury living, it can go as high as $1k per month. We're way too cheap to do that :)

If you don't mind me asking, what apartment building do you live in? I've been looking for a place super close to campus. Thanks for your help.

Naijaman24
05-30-2011, 01:12 PM

Kootney Resorts
Margaret Casey
Coco Mango
Jenner Ambur Beach House
De Fritas
New / Old Avies
Mac & Judy
Silver Lining
Jeffery Kelsick
Fortune Apts
Dian John

Thanks for this posting

Xorthos
07-15-2012, 02:13 AM

Kootney Resorts
Margaret Casey
Coco Mango
Jenner Ambur Beach House
De Fritas
New / Old Avies
Mac & Judy
Silver Lining
Jeffery Kelsick
Fortune Apts
Dian John

I'm curious, I saw the main downside given for Kootney is the pest problem. But I know that nowadays they offer a regularly scheduled exterminator to come through and spray.

I have spoken with quite a few people who have lived there, and they all say that the pest thing isn't really an issue anymore...and most people claim to love it.

I'm moving down there in a month and will give you an update on how the pest problem is, etc.

MikeyD
07-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Stay away from Silver Springs. The place is a mosquito breeding ground.

tiffanywilkins
05-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Also, beware of Blockshed Cottages -
supposed to have gate and be fenced in - it's not. She puts her brothers truck in the alley way!
no lock on the bars on the windows so can come right off
Said there is a security guard at night - there is not!
The outside lighting is from the apartment next door - so very dim lighting at night.
Set back and is secluded from the road = not safe!
Only 3 apartments so if youre the only one there - you are by yourself!
There are many cockroaches!!! :( big cockroaches!
My first night the pipe under the sink broke and flooded the apartment as well as frying my laptop charger and no reimbursement.
So it is only $400US but definitely NOT worth it!!!!

wham
11-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Do not rent at Fortune Apts.....You never get your deposit back and besides other things.

So what are these "other things"? Can anyone elaborate? I'm an incoming Jan student and didn't discover this thread until after I signed with them.

t-rex
12-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Do not rent at James Store. This is just in from a close friend who stated there a couple of semesters ago. His recommendations was to run away from that place as fast as you can, even if it's offered for free. I was asking about this place a few months ago for another friend.

Arioch
02-20-2014, 05:04 AM
Guys can someone please update the list on not to rent? I am visiting the island next month and I would like to know which apartments to avoid and which apartments to look at while I'm there. Thanks for the future responses :D

slahsaee
04-08-2014, 10:22 PM
RUSM just released the housing to the public for viewing. I was wondering if anyone within the past year can update the list.

CBC
09-26-2014, 11:55 AM
I don't normally bother writing reviews for things, good or bad. But in this instance, I took the time out of my day (I'm currently a third semester at Ross and I should be studying) to make an account for this website and advise all prospective students to AVOID SAFARI APARTMENTS. The landlords are invasive and hostile. They use the maids to spy on you and they get angry if you put a sticky note out saying that you're studying and you don't need cleaning that day. A have a friend with a disability that requires a service animal. They came to visit me, and Maclean (the male landlord) came out of his apartment (because they live on the premises) and began screaming at me and getting in my face in the parking lot of the apartments. He continued to threaten me and told me that I "didn't want to become enemies with him." I no longer felt safe living there and chose to move out at the very beginning of the semester, but they still forced me to pay rent for the entire semester despite the apartment being open and rented to another person. This entire ordeal has been very stressful and I just want to save other medical students the stress that I've had to go through.

Island_student
02-26-2015, 02:49 PM
Any updates on the Housing lists ?

Any recommendation for September 2015 ?

Any info is of great help , thanks in advance !

sharilynabc123
12-10-2016, 05:52 AM
Good morning future doctors are you in need of housing in the Brooklyn NY area. I have housing in a safe residential area. I can be reached by phone or email 917-685-8714 [email protected] I can email you the photos of each of the rentals. All rentals area furnished with internet Wifi and light and gas is included Mrs. Cumberbatch

ParentDoc
07-31-2017, 09:05 PM
Anywhere in Glanvillia bc it is way to far to walk 30 min to get to school everyday...

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.