PDA

View Full Version : Loans

Mr_Docc
09-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi, i was wondering if you did NOT have to take out a loan from the school would it increase your chances of acceptance?

thanks

nectarine
09-23-2008, 08:20 PM
In my experience with AUA, loans and finances were completely separate from admissions and occurred weeks (or months) after my acceptance, so I'm guessing it would not make a difference in your case...

snowman43
09-30-2008, 08:15 AM
I was wondering something, I have FAFSA(government loans) here in the states. What happens to those loans when I am at AUA? Do they put them on hold because I am a current student or does AUA apply for the forbearence for you? I am real worried that I am going to have to start paying those back six months after attending AUA, this would be impossible? Anyone?

md12886
09-30-2008, 08:25 AM
you call them and they will defer your loans until your time at AUA.

islandthrift
09-30-2008, 12:53 PM
I was wondering something, I have FAFSA(government loans) here in the states. What happens to those loans when I am at AUA? Do they put them on hold because I am a current student or does AUA apply for the forbearence for you? I am real worried that I am going to have to start paying those back six months after attending AUA, this would be impossible? Anyone?

Because AUA does not have fafsa, your loans do not go on automatic deferment and you cannot ask for deferment for being a full or part time student. Apply for economic hardship with the reason being you make $0 per month. You will then be placed on economic hardship deferment for a year. Repeat the process once a year and you should be okay until you graduate from AUA.

dwpegues
10-01-2008, 05:38 AM
do as islandthrift said. that is exactly what i am doing - however, some lenders may allow you to do an economic hardship deferment for only three years. all lenders allow a hardship deferment, but the time they allow you to do it varies. some are a total of four years, while others may be three years in total.

snowman43
10-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone

snowman43
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I was wondering, I was approved for a loan already. Now, I apply for the loans completely on my own credit. I am worried that if I continue on going to AUA, will I be approved for loans every semester as long as I make grade requirements. I believe that my credit is at the borderline for being approved and I want to make sure if i go to AUA, I will be able to finish my MD with them?

DOC.p
10-01-2008, 02:52 PM
nobody here is going to know if you will be approved next semester or not. if you are in the limit requirements with credit score and your GPA, you will most likely be in good shape. if you're borderline, i would suggest you start working to find ways to improve your credit.

PantsMcPant
10-02-2008, 03:42 AM
For those accepted into January 2009, when does one begin the loan application process? I haven't been able to reach my new student counselor in a few days. I was wondering if many other 1/09 students had already started or finished, etc..

islandthrift
10-02-2008, 07:21 AM
For those accepted into January 2009, when does one begin the loan application process? I haven't been able to reach my new student counselor in a few days. I was wondering if many other 1/09 students had already started or finished, etc..

Current students haven't started the loan process for the Jan semester yet so I doubt incoming students have started it.

snowman43
10-02-2008, 07:52 AM
I spoke with my student coordinator in september, I believe she said that we will be able to fill out applications for loans either towards the end of this month or sometimes next month.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.