PDA

View Full Version : U Lodz - Cali recognized??

Fly408
09-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if the Lodz is recognized by state of California??

Thanks

hcg1234
09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Here it is in Black and White....

Below is the link to the state of California's list of Medical schools approved by the state of California as of this posting:

Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California (http://www.medbd.ca.gov/applicant/schools_recognized.html)

Please do not ask this question again unless California changes its mind about Lodz after this posting.

Lodz MUST HAVE "includes english Program" in parantheses for the degree to be licensable....I don't know about the residency part...ONLY Jagellonian in Krakow is Cali approved....SOOOO if you want to go back home to Cali and practice there the rest of your life...you should only and do everything u can to get into Jagellonian...Good Luck in your applications...

This is one of the reasons I and many others were not told the truth about California licensure by AIM/MUL as just one of examples that I left Lodz. AIM LIED about this to us many times...When we joined the program, they never told us about Cali when we consistently asked them about it and they even denied any such thing existed...So those students who finish their degree at Lodz can never go back to Cali until Cali approves the school and retrospectively approves the graduates....which the school has not done any paperwork for Cali...I know that for a fact...so the Lesson go to only medical schools that u know for sure are approved by the states u want to go to or go to the top 3 Carib schools(SGU,Ross and AUC) so that you are licensable in those tougher states too...and there is no other way around this to get Cali...good luck in ur choices

hcg1234
10-19-2008, 12:42 PM
I received an email response from Pat Park---Liaison for Foreign Medical schools---that Poznan and Lublin were approved by the state of California. not sure why they didnt update that on the website....Great Job Poznan and Lublin....Good luck MUL...Noone there applied for California approval.

bckwood
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I received an email response from Pat Park---Liaison for Foreign Medical schools---that Poznan and Lublin were approved by the state of California. not sure why they didnt update that on the website....Great Job Poznan and Lublin....Good luck MUL...Noone there applied for California approval.

It is updated, Poznan's English program is listed as 'Poznan Univeristy of Medical Science's'

bckwood
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Here it is in Black and White....

Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California (http://www.medbd.ca.gov/applicant/schools_recognized.html)

Please do not ask this question again unless California changes its mind about Lodz after this posting.

No reason to get upset, it was just a question.;)

hcg1234
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
yea it's all good...Im more upset at AIM when I wrote that because of the lies that they fed up state rules and regulations. I found out that the approval for Poznan and Lublin was in July 2008. The title PUMS is there but there was NO clear designation that PUMS was approved like it was written for Jag. Neither have they updated that for Lublin..Call Cali for full reference

hcg1234
10-21-2008, 05:17 PM
yea it's all good...Im more upset at AIM when I wrote that because of the lies that they fed to many students about different state rules and regulations. I found out that the approval for Poznan and Lublin was in July 2008. The title PUMS is there but there was NO clear designation that PUMS was approved like it was written for Jag. They have not updated that for Lublin also....Call Cali for full reference

bckwood
10-22-2008, 02:16 PM
yea it's all good...Im more upset at AIM when I wrote that because of the lies that they fed to many students about different state rules and regulations. I found out that the approval for Poznan and Lublin was in July 2008. The title PUMS is there but there was NO clear designation that PUMS was approved like it was written for Jag. They have not updated that for Lublin also....Call Cali for full reference

It is written a bit weird, but that is the schools fault. Faculty I is the english program and is called PUMS, Faculty II is the Polish program and is KMU. I think the same is with Lublin, one is called the Medical University and the other is called the Academy. But I know that our program in Poznan is approved for sure, I read the copy of the letter from Pat Parks.

CSK001
01-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Thanks.

CSK

ltjonesmd
02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Does anyone have Pat Park's email address?

hcg1234
03-03-2009, 07:54 PM
[email protected]

Parastie
06-03-2009, 01:42 AM
You should also note that only the 4 year programs are recognized by those schools unless listed "6 year program."

canpol
06-18-2009, 01:40 PM
where would you see if it was 6 or 4 year program? i believe that if the university is on that website, then both programs would be approved because they both lead to the same degree............

hcg1234
06-19-2009, 10:25 AM
At this point, in this thread in MUL, it makes no difference. As I have stated before, MUL's Degree is NOT licensible under Cal's regulations until Cali Approves them. That could take years to happen. At this point in time, it makes no difference for MUL graduates whether u got a 4 or 6 yr degree because MUL is not approved for licensure in Cali. Let me be clear licensure and licensure is not the same as residency.

Donkayci, I am still waiting for your response in regards to your friends that are finishing at MUL: If your friends passed the USMLE Step 1, Have they or have they not done US rotations before graduating from MUL as contracted by AIM to provide accredited rotations in the US???????

moosiota
08-21-2009, 07:27 PM
here's the latest on Lodz:

i personally (and other students have also) have 'reminded' the administration about how important this is to us, even if we have no plans to work in Cali. Lodz is NOT currently recognized in cali, but the process has become more of a priority.
if it's important to you - then either take the chance coming here and hope we'll have it by the time you graduate (they've said we will), try to transfer after you DO WELL on your step 1, or don't come here.

Copyright © 2003-2018 ValueMD, LLC. All rights reserved.